Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cleanrip can't combine Wii chunks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I ripped a Wii game (MW3) and tried to combine the chunks using command prompt. However dolphin can't read it. I checked and I'm using a FAT32 SD card and dumped the game in 1GB chunks. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

[Image: wii-help.png]
What happens when you try to open it in Dolphin?
(08-22-2018, 04:48 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What happens when you try to open it in Dolphin?

dolphin see it as a wii game and even knows the name. but the picture is missing. on launch it says "failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF" then says "SetupWiiMemory: can't create setting.txt file" and then spews memory errors endlessly.

It plays my Gamecube games fine though. And I ripped them from the same wii using Cleanrip.
That doesn't sound like anything is wrong with the disc image. The picture won't show up until you create a save file, and the problem with not being able to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF is because Dolphin isn't able to write to its folder in My Documents (maybe because it's write-protected? I'm not sure exactly what causes that issue).
If you run Dolphin as administrator, does it fix the errors you're getting? If yes, then you definitely has permission issues on your Documents folder...
(08-23-2018, 01:49 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]If you run Dolphin as administrator, does it fix the errors you're getting? If yes, then you definitely has permission issues on your Documents folder...

Running as administrator did it. thanks for the help.