Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LoZ Wind Waker lowest line not changing correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While playing LoZ Wind Waker I've noticed that the bottom-most line of pixels doesn't change into black while z-targeting (see in screenshot)
Also I've noticed after booting up the game the same line of pixels has problems fading away and always being the last one to change (also in screenshot).

https://imgur.com/a/vEHBBgc

Is there a way to remove those line of pixels from showing ? Or is there a way to fix this rendering issue ?
Change the resolution to 1x IR - the rounding error is likely baked into the game.
Thanks for the suggestion, I changed the full screen resolution to auto and I set internal resolution to 3x Native.
The line now turns completely black when z-targeting. The line still doesn't correctly fade away in the intro but that isn't a huge problem.
Use latest dev build. See if it still happens.
Idk if I should, wouldn't the latest dev builds lead to crashes ? I'm fine with it now, all I wanted is for that line to be be black while in z-targeting mode, so the issue (at least for me) is fixed.
(08-19-2018, 09:48 PM)Slavko Wrote: [ -> ]Idk if I should, wouldn't the latest dev builds lead to crashes ?

In general, the latest dev builds have fewer problems of that kind than the latest stable release.
(08-19-2018, 05:56 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Use latest dev build. See if it still happens.

(08-19-2018, 10:20 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]In general, the latest dev builds have fewer problems of that kind than the latest stable release.

Well ok, I've been having similar problems with the stable build like the lowest line of pixels not going black while using a telescope, also I've been getting lower frames while in combat so I will try out the latest dev builds. Thanks for the suggestion.
I would just like to correct my last statement. Combat works fine (so far in the first island). The first area I had huge frame drops when I was on top of the mountain on the first island, I think the grass was causing me problems and not the enemies or combat.

And by using the latest dev build, the bottom line of pixels still doesn't change to black while using a telescope, and it still has problems fading away while on the start screen.
But at least it changes to black while L-targeting. I've set the resolution to native but the "pixel line" problem still persists, and setting it to auto/720p doesn't fix it either. I think this problem might have something to do with my old graphics card seeing that no one else has this problem.
Are you using hacks or cheats (Widescreen), by any chance?
(08-21-2018, 12:21 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using hacks or cheats (Widescreen), by any chance?

Most of my settings are default, only changes I've made is : aspect ratio : stretch to window, vsync enabled, fullscreen and 2x native (1280x1056) for (720p)
I don't use any cheats.
Pages: 1 2