Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Connectivity issues with wiimotion plus wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

akadius

Hey everyone,

I'm having some problems with getting Dolphin to recognize my Wiimotion plus controller. I'll try and outline everything I've done so far.  Any and all help is very much appreciated as I am lost at this point.

First, I am using the golden Wiimote that came with Skyward Sword and has Wiimotion plus naitively.  This Wiimote on my PC is named Nintendo RVL-CNT-01 -- There is no "TR" at the end if that makes any difference.  I have a USB sensor bar that is plugged into my PC and I can see the LEDs on.
I am running Dolphin's latest build, 5.0, and using Windows 10 64 bit.

So far I have successfully paired my Wiimote first to Dolphin and then to Windows.  At first I was unable to connect to Windows and only pair it to Dolphin.  Now it pairs automatically to both if I press the red sync button in the back and provided Dolphin is open.  I know that it is recognized because when I turn on the Wiimote, it confirms connection by vibrating and the blue light for player 1 stays on.

Where the problem occurs is when I try and open Skyward Sword.  The emulator opens the game and then a screen pops up with the message  "Communications with the Wii remote have been interrupted.  Reconnect the Wii Remote.  Press A without touching the control stick."  

I am unable to make it beyond this screen.  I have "real wiimote" selected under controller configuration in settings, which greys out the option to configure the specific wiimote.  

I am unsure of where to go from here.  Any help would be very appreciated!  My head is spinning as I have looked online for answers for hours over the last two days and I have not found any solution to this problem.   Huh

So basically it seems that my pc and Dolphin both connect to the Wiimote, but once the game loads it will not recognize it.

Is there additional hardware I need?  My pc has built-in bluetooth connectivity so I've assumed I need no bluetooth adapter or dongle. But for those I know the bluetooth passthrough requires a dongle. I already have the sensor bar. I wouldn't think I need the Dolphin mayflash bar, but I don't know. 

Oh, and in case this helps, I have tried with another Wii game and it also was nonresponsive.

Thanks again to any and all who can help with this issue Smile  I've tried my best to give all relevant information.  
Your bluetooth adapter may not work well. You can try latest development builds.

akadius

(08-18-2018, 10:01 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Your bluetooth adapter may not work well.  You can try latest development builds.

Hey,  I think that actually fixed it.  Your solution was so simple too!  I downloaded the latest dev build and booted it up and it appears to work fine.  Thank you very much  Smile  
Cool, Julian Loehr did a lot of work with Wii Remotes to make them work better. Glad it helped your situation Big Grin