Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems With Pairing Wiimote to Windows 10 and Dolphin Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am having some problems with setting up my Wiimote to my laptop to use for Dolphin. Now, I don't know if this is the best place, or even the correct place, to ask this question, and if it isn't, I really apologize and you can disregard this post, but I need to ask somewhere regarding this issue. Anyways, I have tried all that I could find on Google and what could think of, adding the remote in Bluetooth & Other Devices in Windows, with the computer asking for a PIN which I don't have (I don't believe I ever had one anyways?), also entering in the default PIN numbers like 0000 or 1234, and installing the HID Wiimote drivers by Julian Löhr. None of these worked. If someone here has any other ideas as to how I can get this Wii remote to work with Windows and Dolphin, I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks!  Smile
You don't add it in windows, you add in in dolphin under the wiimote section in controllers.
(08-16-2018, 11:03 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't add it in windows, you add in in dolphin under the wiimote section in controllers.

That was actually the very first thing I did, but Dolphin still didn’t seem to recognize the remote, plus the lights indicating that the Wiimote has power would not stay lit, they would keep flashing and flashing for a full minute until they would turn off again.
edit: see below.
I got the mayfash dolphin bar and am very happy with it. There is a suggested known compatible dongle list

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/reco...s-dolphin/.
(08-16-2018, 05:05 PM)unraze Wrote: [ -> ]Tldr wiimote doesn't work with Bluetooth anymore. You need a compatible Bluetooth adapter.

My understanding is that the Bluetooth consortium changed
something with Bluetooth standards some years after the Wii came
out which had the side effect of making wiimotes completely incompatible with Bluetooth devices post those changes.

I'm not aware of any change like that. In fact, it's easier to get Wii Remotes to work nowadays thanks to some Bluetooth stack improvements that are in Windows 8/10 but not Windows 7.
(08-16-2018, 05:28 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not aware of any change like that. In fact, it's easier to get Wii Remotes to work nowadays thanks to some Bluetooth stack improvements that are in Windows 8/10 but not Windows 7.

oh, its seems it is just android phones.
(08-16-2018, 06:35 PM)unraze Wrote: [ -> ]oh, its seems it is just android phones.

Indeed, there were some changes in Android that made it impossible to use Wii Remotes with the phone's built-in Bluetooth. It doesn't affect any other operating systems, though.
Never mind guys, I seem to have gotten it to work now. I have no idea what I did differently from what I mentioned above, but it doesn't matter 'cause it's working now. Thanks anyway!