Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not working via Teamviewer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cheers everyone!

This might be not a huge problem at all, but still something that left me wondering:

I did some modifying of my newly bought LaunchBox remotely via Teamviewer. When testing if everything works fine, Dolphin games suddenly didn't want to start up. I briefly saw the black render window, and then Dolphin completely closed without any error message. No matter which game I tried.

At first I thought it was because of some possible driver issue, having just updated my GPU drivers. But when being back home and starting a game directly, everything worked fine as usual... Huh
Teamviewer likely has a dummy video "card" which probably doesn't really support D3D11.1 or GL 3.3
Did you install the Teamviewer monitor driver from the Advanced options in Teamviewer? I don't have it installed on my computer and I can see Dolphin games just fine (besides the fact that Teamviewer drops frames so even though Dolphin is fullspeed it doesn't look fullspeed on my remote laptop)
No, it was a fresh and portable usage of Teamviewer.

I just tested it with a friend of mine, who had some issues with Dolphin, exactly the same way I did it with my install, and it worked without a problem (despite the mentioned framedrops).
Maybe there's something wrong with that computer then. Have you made sure that it has the most up to date drivers installed for the GPU? Windows totally up to date? Have been able to run Dolphin outside of LaunchBox and not have the issue?