Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Optimise gameplay on mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a mac trying to optimise frame rate and such and such.
Dolphin 3.0 is super old. You need to update if you want to get support here.
(08-13-2018, 09:59 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 3.0 is super old. You need to update if you want to get support here.

I know know. But strangely a some pacific games runs really laggy on the new dolphin 4.0 and higher? I try to optimise my settings. But When i run this game on 3.0 its a much smoother frame-rate, but the graphics are a bit worse.
[color=#000080]Have you tried to lower the graphic settings on newest Dolphin builds as much as possible first? Did you also tried other renderers (D3D, Vulkan...)? I would be really surprised if you can't get similar performances or better on newer builds...

Btw, what is your configuration (CPU, GPU, Memory)?[/color]
(08-14-2018, 07:19 PM)Der Siebte Schatten Wrote: [ -> ][color=#000080]Have you tried to lower the graphic settings on newest Dolphin builds as much as possible first? Did you also tried other renderers (D3D, Vulkan...)? I would be really surprised if you can't get similar performances or better on newer builds...

Btw, what is your configuration (CPU, GPU, Memory)?[/color]

Well true i figured its just the my slowish computer. I run a mac so i can only use OpenGL and software renderer. Also what did you mean by lower graphics? i keep V sync off and auto on aspect ratio and so on.. Im not sure what my configuration is? how do i change that or check??
(08-14-2018, 09:11 PM)Liam5555 Wrote: [ -> ]Well true i figured its just the my slowish computer. I run a mac so i can only use OpenGL and software renderer. Also what did you mean by lower graphics? i keep V sync off and auto on aspect ratio and so on.. Im not sure what my configuration is? how do i change that or check??

I have a Mac too and I get full speed in games. I'm running MacBook Pro Retina 15' (late 2013) model. Quad-core I7, 16GB RAM and a Geforce 750M GT 2GB.

What's your specs?
You need to update if you want support.