Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I have a OpenGL issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently having an issue where I try to use OpenGL to run a game and it doesn't render anything correctly at all. I have ran dolphin on OpenGL before and it ran really well but I don't know what I am doing wrong this time. I haven't changed any settings. Would love if I can get some help!
The first screenshot is me playing Melee on the intro cut scene and the second is me on the Melee title screen.
The new windows update hit and killed all my drivers so maybe you need to update your drivers as well?
I tried to update my drivers and nothing changed.

jeffcookio

Same thing here. After installing the Windows Update last night, Dolphin won't detect any acceleration for OpenGL. The dropdown allows me to select the OpenGL backend, but the adapter box sits blank. I can select my adapter "Quadro P1000" on the Vulkan or Direct3D 11 backends.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers a couple times. I also switched from the QNF driver release back in May to the latest ODE, since it is only a few weeks old and addresses some of the issues listed on the QNF. Several reboots/shutdowns and still no dice. Vulkan and Direct3D 11 backends output an image and seem to function normally.

Sadly I think all we'll be able to do right now is hope that a) Windows Update sends something else down the pipe to unbreak itself in the August updates, due out on Tuesday; b) nvidia learns of the incompatibility and fixes it in an update; c) likewise for Dolphin. I could try to uninstall the Win10 update or roll back to an old image, but I don't want to do that right now.

Win10 version 1803 build 17134.191.
nvidia Quadro drivers ODE 391.89.
Dolphin 5.0-8557.

EDIT: OK, I caved. Tried to uninstall with DDU and reinstall latest, but no change. Restored to the old version of Windows. Things work now. Still can't select a specific OGL adapter, but the backend works fine instead of producing a black screen.
You never were able to select an adapter in OpenGL - OpenGL just uses the main adapter.
(08-12-2018, 03:37 PM)E-102 Ganon Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently having an issue where I try to use OpenGL to run a game and it doesn't render anything correctly at all. I have ran dolphin on OpenGL before and it ran really well but I don't know what I am doing wrong this time. I haven't changed any settings. Would love if I can get some help!

*Update* - so it seems they have fixed it a bit but not perfect at all. it is at least displaying tris and that is good. Here is a picture.
Have you tried verifying that your MD5 sum matches a good known dump? Right click on the game in Dolphin's list > Go to properties > Go to the info tab > calculate md5
Your file may have gotten messed up during the upgrade
It looks like the new drivers broke something with vertex attributes if my visual glitch memory is spot on.

Revert to an older one.
(08-21-2018, 03:00 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like the new drivers broke something with vertex attributes if my visual glitch memory is spot on.

Revert to an older one.
I normally keep dolphin 4.0 - 7840 on my PC, so I tried that and nothing changed it was just the same as the current version of dolphin.