Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xbox 360 controler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, this is my first post, Im a noob when it comes to computers. My problem is that I can connect my 360 (Wireless) controler to the emulator. Dolphin recognises it in the settings, so I have created a profile, but the games just wont respond. I have watched heaps of viedos on you-tube but nothing helps. Any suggestions , cheers in advance
Please tell us what games you've tested this with, and upload a screenshot of how you've configured the controller.
(08-11-2018, 06:01 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell us what games you've tested this with, and upload a screenshot of how you've configured the controller.

Hi JosJuice, I have tested this with New Super Mario Bros Wii, Donkey Kong Country World and Super Mario Galaxy , and the games all load but I cant get a response, also I cant use a usb keyboard. Heres the screen shots....
That's the configuration screen for the GameCube controller. The games you mentioned are Wii games, but none of them supports that controller. You'll want to configure the Emulated Wiimote instead
(08-11-2018, 11:00 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]That's the configuration screen for the GameCube controller. The games you mentioned are Wii games, but none of them supports that controller. You'll want to configure the Emulated Wiimote instead
Thanks Shonumi, Im dont know why I didnt figure that out myself. Now the games are working , but there is poor sound quality. I will watch some vids on youtube and try and figure it out
As for speed, according to your profile you have an old CPU that's not super fast and you're using Dolphin 5.0 stable. Not much you can do about your CPU other than buying a new one, but have you tried the latest dev builds of Dolphin? Its gotten optimized but also more accurate, so it may be faster for you.
For SMG, you won´t be able to reach fullspeed because of a feature it needs (Skip EFB to CPU access = Off).

Sure, you can disable it, but you won´t be able to pick up starbits.
(08-12-2018, 02:08 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]As for speed, according to your profile you have an old CPU that's not super fast and you're using Dolphin 5.0 stable. Not much you can do about your CPU other than buying a new one, but have you tried the latest dev builds of Dolphin? Its gotten optimized but also more accurate, so it may be faster for you.

Yeah Cool , thanks KHg8m3r. My computer does struggle with normal p.c. games made after about 2010, so that makes sense. I will try the dev builds, cheers mate Big Grin
(08-12-2018, 06:20 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]For SMG, you won´t be able to reach fullspeed because of a feature it needs (Skip EFB to CPU access = Off).

Sure, you can disable it, but you won´t be able to pick up starbits.

Oh right, Thanks for your feedback DJBarry004, I downloaded two versions of SMG and neither worked, so I new it wasnt a dodgey ISO, hoping to win the lotto so I can buy a pimping gaming computer Cool 
(08-12-2018, 11:35 AM)jimminy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh right, Thanks for your feedback DJBarry004, I downloaded two versions of SMG and neither worked, so I new it wasnt a dodgey ISO, hoping to win the lotto so I can buy a pimping gaming computer Cool 

Downloading games is against the Forum Rules.

Closed.