Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Donations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

twindark1

Good day to everyone how read this.

I see that dolphin is an amazing emulator for Gamecube/Wii games. I'm new in this forum and I do not see a button or something like that in dolphin webpage. Does dolphin accept donations?

I mean because many developers do a great job for many people, maybe dolphin webpage could have(in case it doesn't) a donation option. I don't said that people paid money for dolphin, but for example me, I like very much dolphin and for example I don't mind to donate like 20 US dollars for the amazing people that build this great emulator; imagine that maybe 10-20 person do that monthly. I believe it could help the developers somehow.
No, we don't take donations, and we don't have any plans to start doing so.
Any news?
No, we still don't take donations.
(08-05-2021, 03:28 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, we still don't take donations.
So there are no bounties either? (I'm thinking about something @JMC47 said to me earlier.)
The Dolphin team might not approve, but there's nothing legally stopping you from posting an issue that's important to you on BountySource or an equivalent site as a third party. It's still up to the Dolphin team whether the fix gets merged and up to the developer whether they claim the bounty (and with BountySource it's up to whoever contributed to the bounty whether any fixes that happen actually count as fixes). It's roughly equivalent to telling a friend you'll give them £50 to pick up litter in the local park even though neither of you works for the park.
I thought about doing something similar... Thanks! I might do that.

I recently plugged my Wii and I don't know whether I'll emulate in the coming months, so I'll see.

In a way, supporting the scene today would probably be more "cost-efficient" because who knows in what state it will be in a few years. ?‍♂️