Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii Cheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jpcapone

I have searched the site regarding the use of Gecko codes with Mario Kart Wii and found that it seems they do not work. I have tried to enable them and troubleshoot but still no love. I took note of the game id - RMCP01 - and used the emulator to dl the codes. I also tried to manually edit the file however I undone the changes when they didn't work. Can anyone confirm that these cheats do not work with this game?
Last time I tried using cheats in that game, they did work. Was long time ago though.

Sounds stupid, but you did check "Enable Cheats" in Config right?

jpcapone

(08-09-2018, 11:34 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Last time I tried using cheats in that game, they did work. Was long time ago though.

Sounds stupid, but you did check "Enable Cheats" in Config right?

I did check there, thanks for asking tho.  Were you using Gecko cheats?  They seem to download fine so I check them but the game starts without the desired effect.
Yes, Gecko codes. What cheats are you trying to use?

jpcapone

(08-09-2018, 01:59 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Gecko codes. What cheats are you trying to use?

I was trying to use the license codes and the one for the hover bike. I am also on Dolphin version 5.0-8545.