Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Starfox Adventures fur render glitch(?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Green_Tea58

Hello!  Big Grin  I'm not having any problems with the game itself, but I'm not sure if fur is being rendered correctly on the characters. The fur seems to disappear at the default camera angle, but if you take out a staff spell/stand close to the camera, it appears again. It also stays in cutscenes. I've tried looking up videos to see if it's the game that does it, but every video I find is too blurry to tell. Am I dumb and this is just what the game is supposed to do or is it an emulation render glitch? I'll include pictures to show what I'm talking about (and how when I go into free-look mode, you can especially see how the fur isn't being rendered. Looks odd!)

[attachment=17318] [attachment=17320] [attachment=17321] [attachment=17322] [attachment=17323]
The fur that they setup in game is really glitchy even on console and the effect breaks sometimes. It's really a complicated blur effect rather than real fur.

Green_Tea58

So it did that on the Gamecube too, huh? Resolution must've been too bad for me to have noticed when I last played it. Thanks for the info!
Also the fur disappears based on how close the camera is to fox.