Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Future Budget Gaming PC - Ryzen 5 2600X, 1050 Ti 4GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all. I'm looking to see if this PC would be able to handle Dolphin @ 1080p, with some anti-aliasing as well.

The games I'm mainly looking to play are: 
Super Mario Sunshine, 
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, 
Mario Kart Wii, 
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, 
Lego Batman 1 & 2, 
Lego Indiana Jones 1 & 2,
Zelda: Twilight Princess, 
Zelda: The Wind Waker, 
and maybe Metroid Prime if possible.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YJqn8Y

Thanks for your help.
Looks good to me, don't forget to enable the LoZ:TP speed hack tho
You did notice the incompatibility issue that is showing up, right?
(08-06-2018, 01:56 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You did notice the incompatibility issue that is showing up, right?

Might be a hit or miss. Depends on what BIOS the mobo ships with, but you're right, probably not worth the risk.
Wasn't AMD shipping out a CPU to customers to update their BIOS?

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/26...date-issue
(08-06-2018, 01:56 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You did notice the incompatibility issue that is showing up, right?

Only an issue if it's old stock that's been sitting in a warehouse with an old BIOS version. Ryzen 2 has been out a while now.
It's his decision if that's a risk worth taking.

Yes I did - this build isn't final; I will change the motherboard soon. The main thing is the CPU and GPU.
(08-05-2018, 10:55 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good to me, don't forget to enable the LoZ:TP speed hack tho

Sorry, what do you mean by this?
(08-06-2018, 06:40 AM)Glen707 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, what do you mean by this?

There´s a patch included with Dolphin that prevents a huge slowdown on certain areas (Hyrule Field) in Zelda TP.
(08-06-2018, 06:46 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]There´s a patch included with Dolphin that prevents a huge slowdown on certain areas (Hyrule Field) in Zelda TP.

I'll take note of this, thanks for the tip.
Pages: 1 2