Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't get any form of wiimote-bluetooth to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

iisnothere

I'm trying all possible methods of using a real wiimote but i just can't seem to get it working!

I tried passing but the wiimote just doesn't sync and I'm stuck with the black screen.

I tried the Bluetooth emulation but the refresh button seems to do nothing (it doesn't even spike my memory) and the wiimote still doesn't sync

I'm using on old (non-tr) wiimote and a Kinovo BTD, my computer has no native bluetooth

Help would be appreciated!
For using Passthrough, you need to override your bluetooth driver with the WinUSB driver using Zadig. That way, when you boot the game, it won't just stay at a blackscreen and close. Then, while the game is running in Passthrough, you hit that sync button, and then sync your Wii remote.

If overriding the driver doesn't work and it still blackscreens, your bluetooth device may not be supported.
(08-05-2018, 08:26 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]For using Passthrough, you need to override your bluetooth driver with the WinUSB driver using Zadig.  That way, when you boot the game, it won't just stay at a blackscreen and close.  Then, while the game is running in Passthrough, you hit that sync button, and then sync your Wii remote.

If overriding the driver doesn't work and it still blackscreens, your bluetooth device may not be supported.

I'm having the same issue with Passthrough mode.  Are you sure we are supposed to override with "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)"?  The bluetooth passthrough website says we are supposed to override with: "libusbK (v3.0.7.0)".  Furthermore, if I don't install "UsbDk_1.0.19_x64.msi" I get the error: "Couldn't initialise for Bluetooth passthrough: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND".  If I DO install libusbK... it just gets stuck at a black screen peppered with occasional: "IPCEvent" errors.  I'm having the error using aniogear adapter.

iisnothere

(08-05-2018, 08:26 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]For using Passthrough, you need to override your bluetooth driver with the WinUSB driver using Zadig.  That way, when you boot the game, it won't just stay at a blackscreen and close.  Then, while the game is running in Passthrough, you hit that sync button, and then sync your Wii remote.

I already overid the driver so heck it may just be the adapter, may need to update that info on the wiki Tongue

iisnothere

(08-06-2018, 09:46 PM)MightyHandy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue with Passthrough mode.  Are you sure we are supposed to override with "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)"?  The bluetooth passthrough website says we are supposed to override with: "libusbK (v3.0.7.0)".  Furthermore, if I don't install "UsbDk_1.0.19_x64.msi" I get the error: "Couldn't initialise for Bluetooth passthrough: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND".  If I DO install libusbK... it just gets stuck at a black screen peppered with occasional: "IPCEvent" errors.  I'm having the error using aniogear adapter.

Try intalling usbdk with it, it gets rid of the error for me, even if i still can't connect a controller
https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases
(08-07-2018, 02:52 AM)iisnothere Wrote: [ -> ]Try intalling usbdk with it, it gets rid of the error for me, even if i still can't connect a controller
https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases
So, I've gotten that far.  Been at this point for the last 2 weeks or so.  If I:
-Use IOGear Bluetooth Adapter
-Install libusbk
-Use Zadig to replace driver with libusbk
-Add a couple of magic dolpin settings including pids and vids
I can successfully get a black screen!  I've got another usb bluetooth adapter arriving in the mail this week to see if its the adapter (I don't think it is).  I've heard some rumblings that libusbk is broken... and that I need to use WinUSB.  Going to try that tonight.  I've also heard that I need to do a pretty fancy process to adequately remove all traces of libusbk from my machine... i'm going to try that too.

I was excited to see that your post got [color=#222222]JMC47's attention.  It looks like he may have been pretty instrumental in the creation of bluetooth passthrough back in 2016.  If anyone knows what to do... its probably him.[/color]
Ok, I've got some new info. I have this almost 100% working now!!! Trick was to expunge all things libusbk from existence... and then use zadig to install WinUSB instead. This is easier said than done. Below are the steps I followed... some may be required... some may not. I'm assuming you currently are fully wired up to libusbk right now.

Step 1: Remove driver from your bluetooth adapter:
a.) Go into device manager
b.) Right Click on your device (under libusbk)
c.) Click Driver>Properties>Uninstall
d.) Check "Delete Driver from this device"
e.) Reboot
At this point your bluetooth adapter should go back to its initial driver settings.

Step 2: Remove libusbk driver
a.) Restart in safe mode
b.) In a command prompt go to: "C:\Program Files\UsbK Runtime Library\"
c.) Run "UsbKController.exe -U"
d.) Reboot

Step 3: Uninstall libusbk
a.) Goto Add/Remove Programs
b.) Uninstall UsbK

Step 4: Install WinUSB
a.) Go to Zadig
b.) List Devices
c.) Click your bluetooth adapter
d.) Click the WinUSB driver.

Note... I did add the following settings to my dolphin.ini:

[BluetoothPassthrough]
Enabled = True
VID = 2652
PID = 8680
DisableDescriptorCheck = True

I'm going to see if I can contact the wiki administrators to see if they can fix the info on the site. I've been wrestling with this for a few weeks now.