Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio Crackling, Distorted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

I recently installed Dolphin on my Inspiron 7558, and attempted to play both Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Trauma Team, but the audio was severely crackling and distorting. The opening themes sounded more like radio static than anything. I changed the audio backend to OpenAL, I increased the latency, I tried a different output device, but everything stayed the same. I attempted this on both Dolphin 5.0 and 5.0-8516. Is this a bug, or something on my end?

Thanks.
Your system is too slow to play those games.

The best you can do is make sure you're using the latest development release, set the internal resolution to 1x, turn off anti aliasing and AF (if you set it), and hope for the best.
Make sure that you´re also using High Performance profile on Windows.
(08-04-2018, 05:27 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Your system is too slow to play those games.

Based on the CPU hierarchy, my CPU (i3-5010U) should be enough to handle Dolphin well, correct? Is the problem somewhere else?

(08-04-2018, 10:50 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that you´re also using High Performance profile on Windows.
I've done that, but it still stutters a ton. The problem is the worst during the openings (I'd say the first minute or so), but then calms down a bit and remains like that for the rest of my gameplay.
(08-04-2018, 05:27 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Your system is too slow to play those games.

The best you can do is make sure you're using the latest development release, set the internal resolution to 1x, turn off anti aliasing and AF (if you set it), and hope for the best.
(08-05-2018, 03:36 AM)Zonafer Wrote: [ -> ]Based on the CPU hierarchy, my CPU (i3-5010U) should be enough to handle Dolphin well, correct? Is the problem somewhere else?

I've done that, but it still stutters a ton. The problem is the worst during the openings (I'd say the first minute or so), but then calms down a bit and remains like that for the rest of my gameplay.

It's the 'U' part that is causing you issues. That means it's an ultra low voltage model and it struggles to maintain the speeds needed for dolphin to run well.
(08-05-2018, 04:20 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the 'U' part that is causing you issues. That means it's an ultra low voltage model and it struggles to maintain the speeds needed for dolphin to run well.

Yes, I know that. My only problem is that if Dolphin itself and my games can load perfectly fine, and maintain at least 70 FPS on my settings, then why is the audio suffering so much?
What does the VPS at the bottom of the window say? (If you're using fullscreen, you'll need to use windowed to see this).
(08-05-2018, 11:32 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]What does the VPS at the bottom of the window say? (If you're using fullscreen, you'll need to use windowed to see this).

It shows values of 35-65% (lowest I saw, in TC:SO) all the way upto 59%-98% (I saw this in TT as a max).
you need 100% for it to not crackle and distort.

Your system is too slow.