Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin failing to save changes on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ausername

I installed dolphin via the ppa, following the instructions on the wiki: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...hin#Ubuntu

Whenever I attempt to make changes in the emulator, I'll run into a multitude of permission errors. The feature I want to get working most is running melee with community netplay settings - when I close the gecko codes window in properties I get a "Could not save /home/me/.dolphin-emu/GameSettings/GALE01.ini." error. It also fails to save things such as controller settings, paths, and other changes on close.

Are there any common solutions to try? I've tried running as su, changing permissions for the .dolphin-emu file and the emulator, but I'm just starting out with linux and I'm not sure where to go from here Huh

ausername

Never mind, I literally just elevated to root and ran the program with zero issue. Files are being saved correctly but changes are only saved for root. This is weird, but I'll take it.

Edit: AR and Gecko codes don't apply any changes to the game when I run it. Back at square one.
Your permissions are messed up, which would cause issues like these. Not sure how to fix it as I don't have Linux setup right now, but you shouldn't need to run Dolphin as root.
sudo chown -R (user) ~/.dolphin-emu

Probably need a sudo chmod -R 640 ~/.dolphin-emu as well

ausername

(08-03-2018, 05:36 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]sudo chown -R (user) ~/.dolphin-emu

Probably need a sudo chmod -R 640 ~/.dolphin-emu as well

Neither taking ownership or changing from 664 to 640 resolved the issue. No change to the error message.