Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen mostly taken up by blue bar when trying to emulate something dependent on XFB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

i_hope_this_name_isnt_taken

Whenever I try to emulate something that is dependent on XFB, there is a blue bar that takes up most of the screen. I tried everything to make it disappear, but it's still there. It looks like this:
What are your graphics settings?

OpenGL Backend

Auto Aspect Ratio

No VSync or Fulscreen

Show FPS, Show NetPlay Ping, Log Render Time to File, Auto-Adjust Window Size, Show NetPlay Messages and Render to Main Window are all off.

The shader is Synchronous, with Compile Shaders Before Starting on.

The internal resolution is 640x528

No Anti-Aliasing

No Anisotropic Filtering

No Post-Processing Effect

Scaled EFB Copy, Per-Pixel Lighting, Force Texture Filtering, Widescreen Hack, Disable Fog and Disable Copy Filter are all off, while Force 24-Bit Color and Arbitrary Mipmap Detection are on

Stereoscopic 3D Mode is off

Skip EFB Access from CPU, Ignore Format Changes and Store EFB Copies to Texture Only are all on.

The Texture Cache Accuracy is set on Fast with GPU Texture Decoding off.

Store XFB Copies to Texture Only and Immediately Present XFB is off.

Fast Depth Calculation and Disable Bounding Box is on.

Everything in the Advanced tab except Enable Progressive Scan is off.
Does it work with the default settings? Some of those seem different to the defaults on my machine (scaled EFB copy disabled, Skip EFB access from CPU enabled, enable progressive scan enabled)

For the most part, with gameini settings you shouldn't ever need to play with any of the efb settings now.
(08-02-2018, 06:43 AM)i_hope_this_name_isnt_taken Wrote: [ -> ]Everything in the Advanced tab except Enable Progressive Scan is off.

Apparently the progressive scan option breaks XFB. Try without that.

(08-02-2018, 07:28 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently the progressive scan option breaks XFB. Try without that.

Still doesn't work. Thanks for helping though.

Okay so I figured out the solution: enable EFB VRAM Copies