Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Launching Game in Dolphin Crashes YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I like to play YouTube videos in the background while I play games. However, I ran in to this weird problem where after I launch a game in Dolphin while playing a YouTube video, the video crashes and an error message on YouTube comes up saying: "An error has occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: example)"  

After closing the game, the video runs fine with no problems. For testing I tried playing videos on Vimeo and Dailymotion and I ran in to similar problems. I also tried playing different games while playing a YouTube video and it was irrelevant what game I ran, YouTube always crashed the same way.

I've never had this problem with any other emulators, indie games, AAA games, or Dolphin until recently. I am running the newest build of Dolphin because I am using the auto-update function; I might just try using an older version of Dolphin, but it will suck not having all of the newest features. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I might fix it?  

Update: I tried an older version of Dolphin, I randomly selected a build a few dozen pages back in the master branch builds. I tried running a game and playing a video and they both worked without an issue. So whatever causes this problem is linked to something in the more recent builds.
Can you narrow it down to which build causes the error?
(08-01-2018, 03:19 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Can you narrow it down to which build causes the error?

The most recent build, which would currently be 5.0-8512. I deiced to test 5.0-7999 too, they also crashed the video. So I think that all 500 of those builds will cause the same thing to happen. The build that I randomly selected and that worked with YouTube was 5.0-7146.
(08-02-2018, 02:40 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...ken-builds

Alright, so the problem started with 5.0-7765. So the newest build that still works with YouTube is 5.0-7763.
Do you have the audio backend set as WASAPI? Try changing the audio backend.
(08-02-2018, 03:15 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the audio backend set as WASAPI? Try changing the audio backend.

Yeah, I was using WASAPI. I switched the XAudio and it works with the most recent build. The reason that I was using WASAPI was because I built a new computer and I was having problems with XAudio until I download some driver for my mobo, I guess I never changed the setting back to XAudio.

Thanks for the help.
So, this isn't super surprising that YouTube broke. This isn't really a flaw in Dolphin but your web browser / youtube not gracefully handling what it should do when it can't get an audio session (using WASAPI grabs an exclusive session on your audio device).