Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "The disc could not be read (at 0xe8f91800 - 0xe8f99400)" while playing Sonic Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to play scene 7 world 3 the game crashes after the cutscene and I'm met with, "The disc could not be read (at 0xe8f91800 - 0xe8f99400)".

I'm using an ISO I ripped from my Wii disc using cleanRip.

If anyone can help, Thanks!

(I would have posted this is game support but I couldn't create a thread there)

Specs:

GTX 1060 6GB

Ryzen 5 1600

16GB of RAM
Can you post your MD5 of the game?

Right click on the game in the game list > Properties > Info > Calculate MD5

paste it here
(08-01-2018, 01:02 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post your MD5 of the game?

Right click on the game in the game list > Properties > Info > Calculate MD5

paste it here

c74d736c8e8c7d931b5f70302898aeed
That MD5 doesn't seem correct. Please try ripping the game again.
(08-01-2018, 04:46 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That MD5 doesn't seem correct. Please try ripping the game again.

That's the second rip, I'm guessing the disc is scratched or damaged in some way, but I can try ripping it again.
Hmm, that sounds unusual... Normally if the disc is too damaged, CleanRip just stops midway through the dumping process. There is a possibility that you just happen to have a different revision of the game than the dumps I checked your hash against (if this game does have multiple revisions, that is).
What are you ripping it to?

If you're ripping to a FAT32 drive, it will have to split the files into multiple parts due to filesystem file size constraints. Are you rejoining the files?
(08-02-2018, 06:32 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]What are you ripping it to?

If you're ripping to a FAT32 drive, it will have to split the files into multiple parts due to filesystem file size constraints. Are you rejoining the files?

Ohhhh, ok. I'm ripping it to an sd card and I do get multiple files. I just thought that since Dolphin only showed one file, it automatically joined them. How do I join them?
If you're on windows, something like the following typed into cmd in the correct location should work:

copy /b part1.file + part2.file + part3.file output.file
(08-02-2018, 09:30 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]If you're on windows, something like the following typed into cmd in the correct location should work:

copy /b part1.file + part2.file + part3.file output.file
This worked perfectly, thank you!