Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this laptop good enough to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

weedeegames

Hello, I am not that tech savvy and would like to know if this laptop I want to purchase can run dolphin fine, specfically Super Smash Bros Brawl. https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ca-leno...50569406b5

Product number: X1 Carbon
Operating system: Windows 10 Professional
Screen: 14”
Resolution: 1280x720
Processor: Intel i5-4300us
Graphics: integrated graphics card
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 256GB solid-state drive
WiFi: 802.11ac
Ports: two USB 3.0, one mini DisplayPort, one HDMI, one Ethernet, one headphone/microphone combo jack, and onw OneLink connector
Battery: lithium-ion
Weight: 3lbs.
Product dimensions: 12.7”x8.5”x0.6”
Condition: refurbished B-grade
As long as you keep it as cool as possible, I believe you should be able to play that game nicely (that game is a light-weight one btw).

Also remember to enable High Performance on Windows and inside the Intel HD Control Panel.
Note that while brawl will probably run fine, lots of games will likely lag

weedeegames

(07-29-2018, 09:04 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Note that while brawl will probably run fine, lots of games will likely lag

Compared to this it will run better right? 
Significantly better.
(08-11-2018, 10:27 AM)klimbo13 Wrote: [ -> ]July 1, 2017 4:45:53 PM FinalFinale I have a Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1630 v4 @ 3.70 GHz with 32.0 GB Window 7 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor that I brought back in the autumn of 2012. I can run Dolphin reasonably well. No major issues aside from graphic errors sometimes when it loads too many things on the screen, shutters rarely or if i'm near too much reflective surfaces but I'm pretty sure that just had to do with my dolphin settings and not the computer itself. Depending on the game, it can lose a lot of frames but usually doesn't crash during this time.

That's impressive, considering the E5-1630 v4 was released in 2016.