Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nvidia Sheild fails to run any Wii Games with dolphin bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sunsina

My NVIDIA Shield [Oreo] always fails to run any game on dolphin as long as I use Dolphin bar with real wii remote
Following are the spec of the system

Dolphin Emu 5.0-8490 downloaded directly from doplhin-emu website
Nvidia Sheild TV Pro -- Version 7.0.2 (29.10.175.21)
MAYFLASH Dolphin bar with two switch in the back which comes with frimware version V.09

WiiMote+Nunchuk+MotionPlus [all Nintento Original] connected with different combination

I set up as follows :

Connecting the Dolphin bar to Nvidia Shield accepting forever to be used as USB,
Then setting as real wii Remot and disabling the rest three wii motes
Putting Dolpinbar into mode 4 and press the Sync on doplhin bar and at the same time pressing wii-mote sync
Assigning [wii mote vibrates] to Wii remote 1 to the wii mote.
Opening a game [Tried Wii Sport,Mario Kart] and the system quits after showing the splash screen,
Even refreshing he Wii mote during the game makes the game to quit immediately without providing any error message.
The dolphin log file is blank and this problem repeats every time when I try to run an application.

Please note that I have checked the Wii remote continuous scanning but this problem always shows up!!
I would like know what is the issue and on android I have done a couple of time fresh install of dolphin and still I can not run a single content :-(

In which folders in android the Dolphin emulator put traces [I mean install its files and change the system settings] since I only delete the dolphin folder and clean install again but the dolphin have already stored the information somewhere .
I even have tried to use clear game settings for each title but it did not solve the issue.

How can I read the log about this issue!? where the error logs are stored.

Thanks Huh

woofie

Having the same problem here, glad I'm not alone! This is with my Galaxy S8 and running Dolphin 5.0-8512
Have the same DolphinBar connected to any USB dongle (unpowered AmazonBasics Type-C to A and a similar generic as well as either dongle with a powered hub) and it works fine in a single random game of my list (Fortune Street, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 8, and New Super Mario Bros Wii) specifically first none, then New Super Mario Bros Wii, soon after Mario Party 8, then now none.  - Actually, it seems to be completely random as to whether or not it works as I suddenly opened Mario Kart Wii without doing the below steps and it worked flawlessly, albeit still struggling to reach 45 fps in-menu.

I have a suspicion that allowing USB access affects it, yet have inconclusive evidence other than it occasionally working 100% on either New Super Mario Bros Wii or Mario Party 8 when I restart the app after unplugging then re-plugging in the dongle with the DolphinBar attached.
45 FPS in the menus of Mario Kart Wii is really good actually.