Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBM - decreased performance with newer dolphin builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tofuboy

hey there.
when i started fiddling around with dolphin i got the 1546 build for winxp 32bit. despite the known sound problems (music stopping randomly and stuff like that) it was running pretty awesome on my system

winxp 32bit / amd 5600+ dualcore / 2gb / nvidia 9800gtx+ / creative audigy soundcard.

then i figured there are already lots of new dolphin builds available and upgraded. but every more recent build than 1546 gives me sound/graphics stuttering. its hard to describe... i tried it with all possible settings and combinations of settings.

of course i will just use build 1546 for playing my ssbm, but i am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same or if someone knows what the problem is that i am experiencing.

any insights, tipps? or maybe i missed something Big Grin

thanks in advance!
Weird, i got noticeable speedup after the OpenGl array thing (around rev 2000 wasn't it?)

cmccmc

yeah same here
I personally haven't tried 1546 but I heard about SSBM doing better on it. Considering the emulator got a 20-40% boost somewhere after 2000 that's somewhat peculiar.

tofuboy

yeah. it maybe has to do something with my special computer setup. or drivers... i can see the emulation als a whole is faster and the sound problems seem to be less with newer builds, i tried around 5 different newer builds, with the same results.
its like a scratched record. repeating one sounbit a few times while the graphics hang/slowdown too. just 1-3 seconds...

no idea. :/