Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't use DualShock 4 properly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been using Dolphin 5 for a while, and updated to the latest development build now that the transition to Qt has been made. DualShock 4 is no longer being recognized at all with xinput, and functions improperly in direct input; analog stick deadzones are both registering as almost completely down+right, and analog L and R won't register at all. Prior to updating, it was being recognized as xinput (I'm assuming thanks to Steam?) and functioned flawlessly. Launching through Steam, or having Steam exited completely has no effect.
Rolling back to older version, xinput is still not being detected for some reason. Direct input allows the sticks to have proper deadzones in older version, but still can't get analog L and R to work. Suggestions? Please? I really don't want to fall back to 360 since my d-pad is absolutely shot, and Input Mapper et al cause huge problems with a not-insignificant number of games on Steam.
Is there at least a way to reset the neutral position on the sticks?

Edit: unchecking Iterative Input solved the stick position. Got triggers working, but had to go about it in an obtuse way, and forfeit button input for them.

Edit 2: Entirely unrelated, but something else irritating since the update: I play on a 16:9 TV. 16:9 games have always taken the full width, but now 16:9 leaves black pillars on the sides, and 4:3 is WAY too squished. I can fix this by just using 'stretch to window' - naturally - but also isn't desirable over the 'auto' setting.

Edit 3: Completely wiped everything related to configuration and deleted everything in the installation directory and started over. Black pillars in 16:9 are still there, but only a few pixels across now. It's an improvement, at least.