Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help building an emulation pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Moneyman173

I want to build the cheapest pc that’s just for emulation. I want to be able to run all GameCube games at native resolution with 60fps or at least close to it. I’m thinking about getting a Intel Core i7-8700k processor since dolphin focuses on CPU but it’s expensive. I’m not really good at building PCs and figuring out what’s compatible so If I could get some help I’d appreciate it. Thanks.
i5 should be just as good (besides the lower clock), dolphin doesn't need more than 2 cores.

Moneyman173

(07-21-2018, 12:41 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]i5 should be just as good (besides the lower clock), dolphin doesn't need more than 2 cores.

How much was your setup and do you think it could run every GameCube game?
(07-21-2018, 12:48 PM)Moneyman173 Wrote: [ -> ]How much was your setup and do you think it could run every GameCube game?

Here is a link to my set up (when I bought it, some prices have changed and parts are outdated so take with a grain of salt), should be able to run all GC games except extreme ones like Rogue Squadron (idk since I don't have it)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ExtremeDud...iew=zbkrxr