Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Party 6 7 Netplay Mic Microphone Desync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DearestNameless

We are trying to play Mario Party 6 & 7 through NetPlay and every time we run into a microphone game it causes one of use to desync.

Under config > gamecube > device settings > slot b > we have the microphone set to right trigger.

I am using a PS3 controller with a standalone mic (3.5mm jack).

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Edit:

I guess I should say we all have the same game file, deleted our saves, same configs, etc. I have read into desyncing as much as possible. Found a couple people with similar issues in the past with no answers.
You simply can't use the microphone on netplay. If you want the microphone games enabled, if you have a 100% savefile you can change them to button based minigames.
I haven't actually tried a real mic online before, but as far as I know, it isn't possible to use at all. I can say for sure that in Mario Party's option menu, if you change the mic to controller, instead of a real mic, the minigames will work that way, although that isn't as good as using a real mic.
Edit: Looks like I was just a little late in replying.

DearestNameless

You are both saviors. Heart
Wiki info has been updated, thanks for raising this issue.