Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Microstutter issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(11-03-2018, 06:25 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]How about this @Tasoulius,

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...laying_on/

I will try it later and see if it helps on my end.

Sorry for the late reply

This does not fix the issue for me.
I took a break from trying to fix this issue and updated the emulator today.

The issue still exists. Although, it took longer to show it's face this time, it gave me around 50 seconds or 1 minute of perfectly smooth frame times. And then the repeated frame loops every 20 seconds or so.

Oh and i tested this on another friend's PC in the meantime, same issue (that's 5 different systems tested so far). I still haven't managed to witness a system where this doesn't occur. So i apologize for being stubborn about this but i have to insist it isn't an isolated case because something is wrong with my system.
You mentioned that older builds might not have this issue, but I didn't see any mention of actually trying older builds again. Does 5.0 and 4.0 stable have the issue?
(02-02-2019, 12:30 AM)One More Try Wrote: [ -> ]You mentioned that older builds might not have this issue, but I didn't see any mention of actually trying older builds again. Does 5.0 and 4.0 stable have the issue?

5.0 yes, and pretty much any dolphin, i have some very old here like r7483, i believe that all builds has this issue, i never used retroach, it is not noob friendly, so dunno if it fix, i have tested on two monitors 60hz and on one tv 60hz, and lastly on a notebook, all of them have the same issue, all of them was using win10 x64.

there must be some setting that triggers this if all devs doesn't get the issue.
(02-02-2019, 12:30 AM)One More Try Wrote: [ -> ]You mentioned that older builds might not have this issue, but I didn't see any mention of actually trying older builds again. Does 5.0 and 4.0 stable have the issue?
Good suggestion. I did try an older Ishiiruka build from one year ago and it does have the issue. But i might need to go further back.

@Hyperspeeed

I don't think it's a settings issue, at least not a Dolphin setting. I must have tried every single setting, even the ones that have nothing to do with video or backends. I also used the "portable.txt" method to create a new, fresh folder with new defaults and that doesn't change anything.
It's likely a mixture of a hardware/software issue. There are things Dolphin can do presentation wise, but, until then you'll just have to be patient. There are a lot of bigger fires we gotta put out.
I just tried version 4.0 stable. With a portable txt so it won't interfere with my other settings.

And that doesn't have the issue! I tested my usual loop for 5 minutes and i don't think i noticed a single repeated frame... It's perfectly smooth.
Interesting and 5.0 stable?
(02-02-2019, 02:00 AM)One More Try Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting and 5.0 stable?

That one has the stutter, just like the newest version.

I used the same method/settings as the 4.0 version, made a fresh user folder for it using portable txt.

@JMC47

For sure.

But i would like to know if the issue actually exists and it's not something just me and one other person experience. A confirmation or such. The fix can come later on but first there has to be an issue in place.

I think using Afterburner and watching the frame time graph (not the frame rate one) is the best method for this, in case someone can't notice such subtle pacing issues.
Dolphin's presentation is not perfect, our frame pacing without vsync is really awful tbh.

Sometimes vsync works fine sometimes it doesn't I guess, probably depends on a lot of things. But there are things we can do to try and improve things, we just are working on other things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8