Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Microstutter issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Is there anyone else who notices this?

Is this a Dolphin issue or is it system specific?

Are these games 100% smooth for you?

Is there anything else that can be done to fix this?
I have the issue yes but haven't find anyway to fix it yet, also didn't tried retroarc build since I dunno about it nor I have links for that build.
You can find RetroArch here

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/

Choose the build you want. Once you open it you have to go to core updater and download the Dolphin core. The core is a bit iffy but it works well enough in many games. And there are no microstutters in that.
note that build is not maintained by us so we can't help you when you have issues.
Can someone confirm that they are NOT affected by this issue?

Just try to be sure, i assume it's not going to be noticeable to everyone. Try to maintain a smooth, steady speed on a scene and watch the screen/backgrounds. See if there's a stutter after around 40 seconds. After that, the next stutters appear sooner and loop indefinitely.
(08-16-2018, 08:30 PM)Tasoulios Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone confirm that they are NOT affected by this issue?

Just try to be sure, i assume it's not going to be noticeable to everyone. Try to maintain a smooth, steady speed on a scene and watch the screen/backgrounds. See if there's a stutter after around 40 seconds. After that, the next stutters appear sooner and loop indefinitely.

I recorded a 60 FPS video of me being terrible at Mario Kart Double Dash. I didn't notice anything weird, but check for yourself:
https://youtu.be/fuyimtykYAc
Well, that video is filled with stutters and even some slowdowns. Of course it could be the recording software at fault but either way a recorded video uploaded on Youtube can't be used to prove/disprove a subtle issue like this.

But thanks for trying regardless.
I will also comment that YouTube's video player can be unreliable for displaying a consistent 60fps. It would be better to upload the movie file on a file sharing site of some sort so that people can download and see for themselves.
Ok so from what i can understand, this must be an issue with Dolphin. I haven't managed to not be affected by it, no matter what system i use. Either i use an older PC i have or a friend's PC, the microstutter is still there.

Unfortunately the issue is also subtle which is why maybe the topic isn't very active, as i was afraid. So far there's only one member besides me who says is affected and one who says he isn't.
(08-17-2018, 12:18 AM)Tasoulios Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that video is filled with stutters and even some slowdowns. Of course it could be the recording software at fault but either way a recorded video uploaded on Youtube can't be used to prove/disprove a subtle issue like this.

But thanks for trying regardless.

Does this video tell you anything? It's a .mp4 inside a .zip, straight from Shadowplay. No extra compression
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh8njf1o3ckx0z...2.zip?dl=0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8