Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Serious Frame Drops in Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Flux243

Hello,

I have used Dolphin for SMS for quite a while now and have only recently begun having this issue. When I start the game it runs fine at first, but when it gets to the main menu and I press Start, the frame rate suddenly drops to 1-4 fps. It stays like this until the file select screen where it returns to normal. From there I can watch the entire opening cutscene at 30 fps with no problem, but once the scene ends and the gameplay starts it drops to around 5-6. Obviously this is unplayable so I have not gotten to other parts of the game to see how they play but I imagine it is more of the same. I've tried researching the problem and have tried a number of potential fixes, including trying other backends, switching to DSP LLE audio, and every possible combination of the EFB access settings, with no luck. I have also tried it in multiple versions of Dolphin (5.8.7 and 5.9) with the same results which would suggest to me Dolphin isn't the issue. I also tried downloading a new iso and this didn't help at all, so I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7 5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 840M
DDR3 12.0 GB RAM

Not sure if any more info is helpful/necessary, if so just tell me what and I can post it. I have technically had this issue in the past but every time it's happened I've just waited 30 minutes or so and tried again and it was fine, but I've been trying to get it to work all day with no luck this time.

Thanks in advance.
The opening cutscene is an FMV, which is why you were able to run it fine.

You need to make your laptop run Dolphin on the GPU, you need to make sure you laptop is in maximum performance mode, and you probably want to revert your settings back to normal.
Those versions are from Faster Melee rather than the master dev branch. Use latest dev build from the official website, you can find it in the Download section.
I mean, as much as I'd like to just lock this for using unofficial versions and whatnot, there really isn't much point as their issue isn't related to using a third party build.
Switching to latest dev wouldn´t hurt though. Especially since he´s using a version designed literally for only playing Melee.
The user "tried to download a new ISO" which is a violation of our no piracy policy.