Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen Tearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been setting up dolphin and getting things managed however one thing i cannot seem to solve without locking frames is screen tearing. no matter what i do, no matter what game or settings, it tears the screen. i tried using Vsync, going to Nvidia control panel and turning on Vsync and triple buffer both on global settings and separate program settings, and even disabling vsync.

when vsync is off the screen tears the mid upper screen, with vsync on it tears the lower screen. the only way i was able to fix it was either going to a window mode, or fullscreen while locking my frames to 59FPS.\

i cant seem to fix this issue at all as i tried numerous times with different settings, im content with leaving the fames locked at 59 FPS but is their a better way?
(07-19-2018, 04:03 PM)Legendkiller236 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been setting up dolphin and getting things managed however one thing i cannot seem to solve without locking frames is screen tearing. no matter what i do, no matter what game or settings, it tears the screen. i tried using Vsync, going to Nvidia control panel and turning on Vsync and triple buffer both on global settings and separate program settings, and even disabling vsync.

when vsync is off the screen tears the mid upper screen, with vsync on it tears the lower screen. the only way i was able to fix it was either going to a window mode, or fullscreen while locking my frames to 59FPS.\

i cant seem to fix this issue at all as i tried numerous times with different settings, im content with leaving the fames locked at 59 FPS but is their a better way?

Don't mess with any settings from Nividia drivers. Make sure everything is default and only enable high performance mode. Then use V-sync only with dolphin and see if that fixes your issue. Right now i have an rx 480 but i never force any settings from the drivers because it would mess up dolphin
(07-20-2018, 05:27 AM)thisbirch221 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't mess with any settings from Nividia drivers. Make sure everything is default and only enable high performance mode. Then use V-sync only with dolphin and see if that fixes your issue. Right now i have an rx 480 but i never force any settings from the drivers because it would mess up dolphin

i did that too, i did a reset to change the global settings back to normal and just changed a setting to high performance mode. also did the same for the per program setting too but alas it still tears the lower half of the screen.