Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin NetPlay Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm currently playing NetPlay via direct connection with my brother, and odd bugs and glitches occur. We played Digimon World 4, and what happened is that on my side, totally different things happened on his. He was in the main menu, while on my screen he was dead on the ground and me being able to just walk directly, when I pressed buttons on my screen, my character did the same actions on his screen, so he steered me via talk, really weird. Don't really know why that happens though. We also played wario ware, on his side, he had different mini games than he had on my screen, the same thing probably, and there are horrific graphic issues on wario ware aswell for some reason. I hope someone has a clue of what is going on, since NetPlay is such a great thing, but not with them bugs.

Thanks in advance.
Does Dolphin say that it detects a desync in the chat menu? If so, you've improperly configured netplay and the problem is on your end, not Dolphin's.

Timebase desync means that the two emulated consoles are not synchronized, likely due to your memory cards not matching, or various settings in the emulator differing. If you're having issues with netplay, you may want to read the instructions on the main page of the netplay dialogue explaining the various limitations.
(07-18-2018, 07:43 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Does Dolphin say that it detects a desync in the chat menu?  If so, you've improperly configured netplay and the problem is on your end, not Dolphin's.

Timebase desync means that the two emulated consoles are not synchronized, likely due to your memory cards not matching, or various settings in the emulator differing.  If you're having issues with netplay, you may want to read the instructions on the main page of the netplay dialogue explaining the various limitations.

Alright, thanks for the answer. We indeed did not have the matching memory cards probably. Do we have to match the memorycards after every save again (sending them via Team Viewer)? And what about the graphical issues only on NetPlay, an idea about that? Here are a few examples from Wario Ware: https://gyazo.com/088e127578742b03c568ec35925d73e9
https://gyazo.com/c422b5c8cac0b38e070ce20d6a087eba

Thanks in advance.
Try running WarioWare in single core - the deterministic dualcore may be causing issues.

We're working on making Dolphin automatically sync save data in the future Smile
(07-18-2018, 09:25 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try running WarioWare in single core - the deterministic dualcore may be causing issues.

We're working on making Dolphin automatically sync save data in the future Smile

We already disabled the dual core function, what we thought of to be the reason of the desync. Grahpic issues still occur, maybe corrupted ISO?
you could try safe texture cache too
(07-19-2018, 12:14 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]you could try safe texture cache too

Alright I'll do that, I'll tell you if it helps. And additional to that, might you explain when I have to synchronize the memory cards of each users? We synchronize, start the game and play. After a time, we save. Can we continue playing or do we have to exit, synchronize, and start agian?
You can continue playing after you save - the save is kept around for the session. Also, if you don't want to deal with synchronizing memory cards all the time, you can test this build.

https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-7222-d...est-x64.7z

We're testing automatic memory card syncing to make things easier.
(07-19-2018, 02:00 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You can continue playing after you save - the save is kept around for the session.  Also, if you don't want to deal with synchronizing memory cards all the time, you can test this build.

https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-7222-d...est-x64.7z

We're testing automatic memory card syncing to make things easier.

Alright, it seems to run good now, only thing that is still happening is a random crash, dolphin emulator freezes on my side and crashes, with the whole emulator and netplay. On the hosts side, a message pops up: "Client disconnect while game is running!! NetPlay is disabled.You must manually stop the game." If he presses OK, he gets a new message: "Other client disconnected while game is running!! NetPlay is disabled. You manually stop the game." Why is this happening? After that, whole dolphin emulator and netplay crashes for the host aswell. Having any ideas for the cause of this?
When that happens, it means that someone's internet failed killing the netplay session.
Pages: 1 2