Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Remote Plus HUD motion/interaction does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried three dongles. An unlisted Hama dongle, Belkin 4.0 mini and IOGear UB521. With and without passthrough (including forcing).
The latter two motions seem to work just fine BUT I can never get to play any motion games because the hand in the game that you use to point with does not appear. Wildly pointing around with controller and pressing A doesn't do anything either. So I am always stuck at "start the game" step of all motion games.

Wii Resort
Wii Motion Play

In contrast New Super Mario which has implemented some motion works perfectly.

Is there any way I can bypass these?
You need a sensor bar in addition to the Bluetooth dongle.
(07-15-2018, 07:47 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You need a sensor bar in addition to the Bluetooth dongle.

I have spent so much time and significant money trying to get the motion to work. I never realized nor read anywhere (believe me I refered to wiki) that I needed a sensor bar for it to work. I was thinking of ordering Mayflash DolphinBar, as recommended, but it will take months for it to arrive from China. Will this really solve my issue? I will get my hands on the bar as soon as I know this. Again I've wasted a bit to much money already Confused

Thank you kindly! 
Instead of ordering one of those from china, go to your local game store and buy a cheap wireless sensor bar.

You already have the Wii Remote connected, any kind of sensor bar will work with it as it doesn't need to connect to your computer. If you have a wii setup, you can even turn it on with a sensor bar hooked up and your Wii Remote can read that.
If you already have a Bluetooth adapter that works well for you, specifically don't buy the Mayflash DolphinBar. Buy any other kind of sensor bar.

And yeah, there is an unfortunate lack of information about sensor bars in the guides and FAQs...
(07-16-2018, 06:46 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you already have a Bluetooth adapter that works well for you, specifically don't buy the Mayflash DolphinBar. Buy any other kind of sensor bar.

And yeah, there is an unfortunate lack of information about sensor bars in the guides and FAQs...
I will be trying the bar linked below. Do you know if this works? I am really limited on options locally.
https://www.amazon.com/Snakebyte-Wireles...B001135IEI

I linked to Amazon but that's just to illustrate. I don't have easy access to Amazon as a consumer.
(07-16-2018, 08:08 AM)dolphinTo Wrote: [ -> ]I will be trying the bar linked below. Do you know if this works? I am really limited on options locally.
https://www.amazon.com/Snakebyte-Wireles...B001135IEI

I linked to Amazon but that's just to illustrate. I don't have easy access to Amazon as a consumer.

I haven't tested that exact brand myself, but it should work fine. Sensor bars are very simple (excluding the Mayflash DolphinBar), so it's hard for the manufacturer to screw anything up.
I bought a bar and it now works. Thank you all!
Glad to hear everything worked out for you! Enjoy.