Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0-8449: Slowdown while playing Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#333333]Hey all.[/color]

[color=#333333]I was trying to play SMS, when I started noticing that it was suffering quick FPS drops. I´m using the default settings, changing them doesn´t stop the drops.[/color]

[color=#333333]I enabled the log, and found this spammed red line:[/color]

[color=#ff0000]c:\buildbot\release-win-x64\build\source\core\videobackends\d3d\perfquery.cpp:44 E[Video]: Flushed query buffer early! [/color]

[color=#333333]The issue has happened since 5.0-8138. Will continue testing.[/color]

[color=#333333]UPDATE: The issue is also happening now in 7982. Didn´t happen in this build before.[/color]

[color=#333333]Also, it only happens in actual gameplay. The message does not spam itself when in File Select.[/color]
A small update: the issue stops happening after disabling Perf Queries. For some reason that messed up and will slow down the game if activated again.

None of this used to happen (even with Perf Queries enabled) before.

Now, I also have this issue of having the screen in solid (pink? purple?) if I don´t enable Immediately Present XFB (yes, this one also did not used to happen. Never).
The game needs PerfQueries.
I know that. What I need to know is, why that feature is slowing me down when it didn´t before.

I have tried deleting general Dolphin (Dolphin.ini) and graphics (GFX.ini) options in Documents/Dolphin Emulator, as well as the shader cache.
You can bisect, I'm guessing that feature always did that and there's a slowdown from something else.
Ok, time to dig up then.

UPDATE: I did the bisect, and also solved the slowdown. It no longer happens in 5.0-8468 (WITH PerfQueries enabled).

I will have to do another one for my second issue though (solid color filling the whole screen if "Immediately Present XFB" is not marked). Just found that happens to every game except VC and Wii ones.