Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0-8445 Force Feedback Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a few minutes ago I updated to Dolphin v5.0-8445 and I am having a real problem with it. I am using an X-Box One wired controller and It doesn't matter what the game is whenever the force feedback comes on it stays on until I pause Dolphin and then resume it. I tested my controller with other emulators such as PCSX2 and it worked like normal, so I know it is not a controller or driver issue. And it worked fine with Dolphin until I updated the program. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Can you bisect and see when the behavior changed?
It changed right after I updated to v5.0-8445 this morning. Before then it was working fine.
No as in, you need to bisect which dev version broke it. We can't reproduce it so you'll need to provide the specific build version that broke this otherwise we have no chance of figuring out if it's a local config issue or a bug in the code.

Use this tool to help.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...ken-builds
Here is the text from the tools log file and a screenshot of the test results. I also forgot to mention that I removed every trace of dolphin from my pc and tried every version of Dolphin starting with version 5.0-844 all the way back to version 5.0-3999 wiping out every trace of dolphin on my pc before trying the next version, and I got the same results every time.

Log File:
Testing build 5.0-8445
Build 5.0-8445 marked as a BAD build
Testing build 5.0-8443
Build 5.0-8443 marked as a BAD build
Bisect completed. 5.0-8443 may be the culprit.

[Image: Untitled.png]
Can you upload the log file here
Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for a few days. It turns out it was a PC problem, not a dolphin problem. I reformatted the HDD and it works normally now.