Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frame Dumps on certain games are slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alex9303

Hello, whenever I dump frames on certain games, the output file is slow too. On most games, it does not matter what frame rate you have and the output will be 60 fps and normal speed. But for some reason, some games will be just as slow as the emulation. Here is an example: 
Slow Speed Game
Normal Speed Game
Both of these games were frame dumped but the speeds were different. When I was dumping frames for Sonic Colors, the emulator was running just as slow as the output. But when I was dumping frames for New Super Mario Bros Wii, the emulator was running slow but the output was at 60fps.
I don't know if this is a problem with my computer or a problem with the emulator.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.
If dual core is turned on, turn it off.

Also, if you're using the 5.0 stable release like your profile says, updating to the latest development version of Dolphin should make frame dumping faster (but probably won't solve the underlying issue you're having).

Alex9303

The frame dumping is working better and the video plays at 60fps. When I was watching the frame dump to see if it was playing at normal speed, I noticed that the speed of the video slowed down right before a level would load. Personally, that is a minor issue that I don't really care about, but I just wanted to point that out. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, turning dual core off fixes slowdowns during level loading.
We really need to add more warnings on dualcore.