Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy doesn't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Elpheus

Hello guys, I recently started using the Dolphin Emulator.
I already started playing Mario Kart Wii, Mario Strikers Charged Football, PokePark 2 and some more games.
But the only Game I have problems with is Super Mario Galaxy, everytime I start it, it just stay in a Black Screen.[Image: Screenshot_83.png]
I already tried some solutions and tried it with starting it with NetPlay, it did started with NetPlay but only with huge Frame drops, and I wanted to play it normally and get a savefile for Mario Kart.

Thank you in advance for any help
23 fps 61 vps?! I'm not exactly sure what's happened to your settings, but, a large fps/vps desync in a game like Mario Galaxy is going to make issues.

Perhaps your laptop is enforcing a 30 FPS vsync, since it's actually strong enough to run the game. May want to make sure you've set it to Prefer Maximum Performance.

Elpheus

(07-12-2018, 02:00 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]23 fps 61 vps?!  I'm not exactly sure what's happened to your settings, but, a large fps/vps desync in a game like Mario Galaxy is going to make issues.

Perhaps your laptop is enforcing a 30 FPS vsync, since it's actually strong enough to run the game.  May want to make sure you've set it to Prefer Maximum Performance.
Where exactly can I set it to Maximum Performance?
Your laptop's power settings.
Also, don´t use Single Core mode. Check "Enable Dual-Core" in the configs.

Lukes Holocron

I have the same problem. In the past, the game was a bit lags and now I can not start it anymore. The screen stays black and the FPS number stays at 0. I have tried everything without success. I need help. Huh
Don't bump very old threads as per forum rules.