Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sims Bustin Out is struggling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JC303

This one rom is my main issue at the mo.

When I play this rom on an older build (5.0-6598 to be exact) - Sims runs pretty smoothly. It doesn't drop frames in the beginning cutscene of the dream sequence or when paused. Runs great! Runs on its default settings and then even after beefing them up a bit.

But when I try on the newest builds (currently 5.0-8370) - its super slow as molasses. And no amount of fiddling with my settings seems to change that?

I keep feeling like its somewhere on Dolphin I gotta work with but I'm really not that smart and don't know what changes what unless I go through some tiring trial and error.

My build:

Mother Board: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 370 R7-370P-4255 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Double Dissipation XXX OC

Processor: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W FD8350FRHKBOX

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
It’s possible that one of the many recent changes made dolphin more demanding on the CPU. Disabling newer features like the mip map detection could yield performance more in line with the older build. Alternatively, it could be a regression, although i’m not very confident in that possibility.
Bisect to what build made it slower?

JC303

(07-08-2018, 08:41 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Bisect to what build made it slower?

I know the next build I tried when this started was somewhere in the 5.0-7000s range. Don't know the exact one without some more trial and error testing.

Also, I will try disabling the newer features like the other poster suggested and see if that makes any difference

JC303

Disabling the newer features made it a TAD better, but its still pretty slow in frame rate either way.

EDIT: The audio can get kinda choppy too and its not super pleasant to listen to. Stretching the audio doesn't seem to make it stop. Even Sims talking voices sound grating on the ears ^^;
Use the Dolphin Bisection Tool to find the faulty build.
(07-08-2018, 12:07 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Dolphin Bisection Tool to find the faulty build.

aka:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...ken-builds

JC303

Oh cool! Will give this a try!