Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which are the best PC requirements in order to use Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

i need your help, please.

Currently i'm using some emulators (but not yet Dolphin) on my desktop PC, with these specs:

CPU: intel i5 4690K overclocked to 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: nVidia GTX 970 G1 Gaming (4GB RAM)

1) Do you think that it is enough in order to use Dolphin with its best performance on a fullHD monitor?

2) I would like to buy now a laptop, also for use emulators of all consoles, with their best effects and performance, if possible: can you suggest come CPU/RAM/GPU configurations that can guarantee this with Dolphin?

thank you!
1- Yes, it will be enough.

2- There are a lot of options, but we need to know your budget first.
Well, if my current desktop configuration is enough to run every game at its maximum performance with Dolphin,  I could buy, more or less, a laptop with same performance...?

My budget could be between 800 and 1000 euro. Well, if it is necessary a laptop thaat cost 1800/2000 euro i can't buy it... but i would like to know if I can use Dolphin with a really good performance also in a 1000 euro laptop or not...so I can evaluate what i can buy...

For example, my brother bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 with: CPU i58250U, 8GB RAM DDR4 2400Mhz, and GPU AMD Radeon 530 with 4GB RAM. Is it enough or is it better I buy a more powerful pc?

many thanks!