Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lenovo Legion Y520 on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Specs: i5-7300HQ, GTX 1050 TI, 8GB@2400MHZ (Sorry, if I missed something)

Does this laptop run Windows? If not, is there any other way I can use Dolphin on it? Can I run Dolphin at maxed settings or atleast 1080p (Possibly with some AA and other visual enhancements applied)? What can't it run? Are there better alternatives out there with similar specs? Thanks! I'm a PC pleb so I don't know much so please bear with me!
Yes, will be enough for Dolphin.
(07-07-2018, 02:33 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, will be enough for Dolphin.
Thank you!
I have a Y720 and it's a beast for Dolphin. Just make sure you set it to high performance.
(07-07-2018, 06:30 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Y720 and it's a beast for Dolphin.  Just make sure you set it to high performance.

Can it handle 4K res? (If so, that'd be cool! I'd love to run LoZ: TP, FF: Crystal Chronicles, & DBZ BT3 in 4K. If not, 1080p would still be nice!) And does Lenovo run Windows? If not, do I have to install it somehow? Sorry, I'm not the most knowledgeable about PC as you can see...
Yes it can run 4K in Dolphin with the GTX 1060. Not in every game (EFB2RAM games I'd say are the issue) but in most titles 4K isn't an issue.

The 1050 Ti isn't THAT much different so I'd imagine that it'll be about the same, with maybe some borderline games being slightly slower.
(07-08-2018, 03:01 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it can run 4K in Dolphin with the GTX 1060.  Not in every game (EFB2RAM games I'd say are the issue) but in most titles 4K isn't an issue.

The 1050 Ti isn't THAT much different so I'd imagine that it'll be about the same, with maybe some borderline games being slightly slower.

Thanks! You've been very helpful!