Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My DS4 controller only works on GC games but not Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it detects it fine through the controller options. I’m using DS4Windows too. I can control games when they are GameCube but Wii ones don’t work with the controller even though it recognises it and it’s fully mapped as a GameCube pad in the Dolphin options under standard controller in port 1.

It’s set to xinput/0/gamepad in the GameCube controller option on the emulator.

What am I doing wrong?

It’s connected via bluetooth to the pc. Wired controller isn’t an option as I’m playing downstairs and pc is upstairs.

All other emulators work fine with it.

I tried direct input and even though windows 10 shows it in game controllers, it won’t respond to any buttons under the test option for controllers. So the only option is xinput and like I said this works fine in everything except Wii games. I can play other stuff like Steam games and GameCube on Dolphin fine with this setting. Why would only Wii not work when it works with GameCube using the same emulator. Makes no sense.
Unless the Wii game supports GameCube controllers, you can´t really use your gamepad.

You could try mapping it to an Emulated Wiimote though.
A few games worked but not the ones I wanted to play. Klonoa works fine with the DS4. Yet something like Xenoblade Chronicles doesn’t work even though I played it with a pro controller originally on the Wii, and neither does the Mario Galaxy games. These don’t work.. If I remap as a wiimote it goes past the title screen on Xenoblade and Mario Galaxy but then it just goes to another wiimote not detected screen and won’t go any further than that.

What is the workaround for this? Am I screwed? Can I get past this obstacle with a PS4 controller running DS4Windows?
Are you mapping your controllers as Wiimotes with the Classic extension, or are you just using them as a GC controller? A Wii game that doesn't support GC controllers won't recognize your controller if you don't set it up as a Wiimote. Maybe show your controller configuration?
In the case of both SMG, you also need to map a Nunchuck as they require it. You can do that in the Emulated Wiimote options, there should be a drop-down menu that among other things, it has Nunchuck in its list. Select it, and then map the buttons.

In the case of Xenoblade, it allows the use of the -Classic Controller- which isn´t the same as the GC controller. First is another add-on for the Wiimotes, second isn´t. And yes, you also have to map buttons for that one.
I will try this when I’m back from work. Thanks. Will let you know.

I can’t bekeove how well this emulator runs though. It runs way better than the PS2 and even the DS emulators lol.
So o done this and can’t see the options for nunchuk and other ones for wiimote
I taken some pics

https://i.imgur.com/1VTtc5y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qSj7gLl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hnBtu0g.jpg
In the last screenshot you posted, the fourth column says "Extension". That's where you can set a Nunchuk or Classic Controller. Then, use the fourth tab (also called "Extension") to map the extra buttons and other controls.
Thanks I think I got it mostly working with the controls apart from not being able to rotate the camera in xenoblade with the right analog stick. Any ideas? Also can’t I emulate a classic controller with those two analog stics that came out when Wii come out?

Which option in which menu do I go in to fix this there’s so many variables lol.
(07-07-2018, 12:42 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]In the last screenshot you posted, the fourth column says "Extension". That's where you can set a Nunchuk or Classic Controller. Then, use the fourth tab (also called "Extension") to map the extra buttons and other controls.
(07-07-2018, 02:54 AM)Boco77 Wrote: [ -> ]Also can’t I emulate a classic controller with those two analog stics that came out when Wii come out?

You can. Choose Classic in the Extension dropdown.
Pages: 1 2