Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3rd party Wiimote connected once but never again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GamerCCXXI

I have a 3rd party Wiimote (nintendo stopped doing business in Brazil). It works perfectly with my Wii, and even once connected to Dolphin, but then i restarted my PC and it never worked again. I have the latest development version, and also tried several versions, both stable and development, but none worked. I have a laptop so my Bluetooth is built-in.
Dolphin's emulated Bluetooth does not support Third Party Wii Remotes.

Bluetooth Passthrough does, though.

GamerCCXXI

(07-06-2018, 12:16 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin's emulated Bluetooth does not support Third Party Wii Remotes.

Bluetooth Passthrough does, though.

As i said previously, it connected once. How can that happen? Even my Windows 10 recognizes it perfectly!
They can sometimes work once in a while. Dolphin's emulated bluetooth is tuned toward Nintendo's Wii Remotes, and most of the time third party Wii Remotes do things differently enough that Dolphin can't talk to them correctly. Bluetooth Passthrough bypasses this issue by letting the game take full control over a bluetooth adapter.

Third party Wii Remotes are one of those cases where your mileage may vary. If it worked once, then that's more than I'd expect to be honest. They're a pain in the butt.

GamerCCXXI

(07-06-2018, 12:52 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]They can sometimes work once in a while.  Dolphin's emulated bluetooth is tuned toward Nintendo's Wii Remotes, and most of the time third party Wii Remotes do things differently enough that Dolphin can't talk to them correctly.  Bluetooth Passthrough bypasses this issue by letting the game take full control over a bluetooth adapter.

Third party Wii Remotes are one of those cases where your mileage may vary.  If it worked once, then that's more than I'd expect to be honest.  They're a pain in the butt.

Well then, ill just quit it. The point on using Dolphin to play is because my Wii is at home and my original Wiimote is busted (Motion Controlling doesn't work at all) so i tried bringing only the working Wiimote and my games but since it doesn't work then ill stop trying. Thanks anyway.
(07-06-2018, 01:06 AM)GamerCCXXI Wrote: [ -> ]my original Wiimote is busted (Motion Controlling doesn't work at all)

All motion controls, or just the kind where a pointer shows up on the screen?