Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Odd Consistent Hiccups in Star Fox Assault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was playing through levels and I noticed that there's always this weird hiccup that consistently appears every several seconds or so. At first I thought it might be shader cache all over again, but I checked that I had ubershaders enabled and the weird hiccups never disappeared no matter how long I continue playing or going through the same levels. I also tried using different bankends like Vulkan, D3D11, and OpenGL, but still no luck. Like, every other games like Super Mario Sunshine or Super Smash Bros. Melee play just fine without any hiccups. It's just very strange.

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i7-6700k
32GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti

Dolphin Build 5.0-8322
Saying which level and where in the level could help as it'd allow me to look into it Smile

I have a 6700K as well and haven't noticed any slowdown. In fact I can play most level at ~3x speed. You can try disabling arbitrary mipmap detection though, since Metroid Prime 3 kinda hated it, maybe it's the case for that here too.
(07-05-2018, 05:45 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Saying which level and where in the level could help as it'd allow me to look into it Smile

I have a 6700K as well and haven't noticed any slowdown.  In fact I can play most level at ~3x speed.  You can try disabling arbitrary mipmap detection though, since Metroid Prime 3 kinda hated it, maybe it's the case for that here too.

Well, the hiccups were happening in any level of the game, but it's fine now because right before you replied, I found the problem after checking through some things. It was from the Gecko code for 16:9 widescreen hack. Once I disabled the code and played the game in normal aspect ratio, the hiccups were gone. So I used Dolphin's built-in widescreen hack to get the widescreen aspect ratio and still have no hiccups.
Ah, right. I need to remember the Gecko Code handler does this too. So many things cause hiccups. Thanks for the reply Smile
Someone REALLY needs to fix the gecko codehandler, or just revert it to the old one until we fix it, because there have been multiple threads of people not sure why their games keep stuttering, only for us to remember that the codehandler randomly stutters.