Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Before I decide to dive into emulating,how hard is it to config Nvidia controller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

axxel6307

Seen some dolphin tutorials that look easy enough and I would love to play wii on my nvidia shield tv but am not sure how hard it is to config and map the controller. Is there any easy way to do that and is it done on a per game basis or can it be a one off config?

Is there a good place to check which wii games are working well on dolphin android?
As far as setting up a controller:
Any GameCube game you can set one controller scheme and really just use it the entire time, unless you want to do something special for a game for a reason.

Wii Games are hit and miss depending on what Wii control scheme was required (for GC or classic controller compatible games it is easy, for games that require the Wii mote and nunchuk you will probably have to set these per game to get something reasonable).

As far as Dolphin on Android
you would probably get better answers in the Android sub forum.

axxel6307

Thanks. I've never owned a wii so can I ask you if games like super mario 3 and mario galaxy, and zelda are classic controller games?. If so, this sounds very encouraging.

I'll definitely post in android for more help.
Super Mario Bros. 3 is for the NES, not the Wii. But if you're wondering about the Virtual Console re-release of that game, then yes, it supports the Classic Controller and GameCube controller.

The Super Mario Galaxy games don't support the Classic Controller or GameCube controller.

The Zelda games for the Wii don't support the Classic Controller or GameCube controller (and the motion controls for Skyward Sword are essentially impossible to use with a normal gamepad on top of that), but the Zelda games for the GameCube do support the GameCube controller. And keep in mind that Zelda: Twilight Princess is available for both the GameCube and Wii.

axxel6307

(07-05-2018, 05:55 AM)TKSilver Wrote: [ -> ]As far as setting up a controller:
Any GameCube game you can set one controller scheme and really just use it the entire time, unless you want to do something special for a game for a reason.

Wii Games are hit and miss depending on what Wii control scheme was required (for GC or classic controller compatible games it is easy, for games that require the Wii mote and nunchuk you will probably have to set these per game to get something reasonable).

As far as Dolphin on Android
you would probably get better answers in the Android sub forum.

(07-05-2018, 06:37 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Bros. 3 is for the NES, not the Wii. But if you're wondering about the Virtual Console re-release of that game, then yes, it supports the Classic Controller and GameCube controller.

The Super Mario Galaxy games don't support the Classic Controller or GameCube controller.

The Zelda games for the Wii don't support the Classic Controller or GameCube controller (and the motion controls for Skyward Sword are essentially impossible to use with a normal gamepad on top of that), but the Zelda games for the GameCube do support the GameCube controller. And keep in mind that Zelda: Twilight Princess is available for both the GameCube and Wii.
Thanks JosJuice. I'm pumped! I have some games that are labled ntsc scrubbed retail games and file type is wfbs. Will these play ok or should I use isos?
(07-05-2018, 07:17 AM)axxel6307 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks JosJuice. I'm pumped! I have some games that are labled ntsc scrubbed retail games and file type is wfbs. Will these play ok or should I use isos?

Downloading games is against the rules.