Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Major graphical glitches with "Load Custom Textures"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of making a texture pack for SSX 3, however when I enable "Load Custom Textures", a lot of textures become black or corrupted, even if I haven't changed those textures.  I've tried every possible combination of settings, but this prevents me from making a proper texture pack.  Any ideas?

I've attatched 3 screenshots.

The first screenshot shows my custom blue boost effect, but the boost meter looks "dirty" and the ramp is black.  I did not change the boost meter or ramp textures, just the boost effect.

The second screenshot shows one of the FMV's, which is significantly more distorted than when "Load Custom Textures" is disabled.  I did not change the FMV textures.

The third screenshot shows that the sky is distorted, even though I did not change the sky texture.

Any help would be appreciated.
(07-04-2018, 03:52 PM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the process of making a texture pack for SSX 3, however when I enable "Load Custom Textures", a lot of textures become black or corrupted, even if I haven't changed those textures.  I've tried every possible combination of settings, but this prevents me from making a proper texture pack.  Any ideas?

I've attatched 3 screenshots.

The first screenshot shows my custom blue boost effect, but the boost meter looks "dirty" and the ramp is black.  I did not change the boost meter or ramp textures, just the boost effect.

The second screenshot shows one of the FMV's, which is significantly more distorted than when "Load Custom Textures" is disabled.  I did not change the FMV textures.

The third screenshot shows that the sky is distorted, even though I did not change the sky texture.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does this happen at any graphical back end?
I she you are running some video capture application, please try to run the game without since it is known that a lot of OSD style messages or stream hijacking software (like OBS) by such applications are interfering with Dolphin's capability to use the render pipelines (also things like FRAPS or Riva FPS counters can create the same issues) My theory is that it might show up easier when using custom textures because Dolphin (probably) uses the same way to inject new textures into the game. Don't take my word for it though, hope a dev can shed more light onto this.
This happens with or without recording software. It also happens on every backend (Direct3D 11, OpenGL, Vulkan). I should have mentioned that using the "Load Custom Textures" option works perfectly fine with many other games that I've tried. SSX 3 was the first game to suffer from this. If I turn that option off, all the textures render correctly.
Okay, so I found a fix, but it's still worth looking into. If I only put custom textures into the folder, all the other textures render correctly. If I enable :Load Custom Textures" but some of the textures have not been modified, it will render them incorrectly. Since my custom boost color effects only used 4 textures, I only put those 4 textures in the folder and every other non-modified texture loaded correctly.

That was really confusing and the fact that these instructions weren't in any setup guide means that this is a bug.