Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can't connect vba-m to dolphin (plenty of details inside)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I don't know if it's me or my computer or what but here's the problem.

I want to connect VBA-M to Dolphin so I can go to the island in Animal Crossing, but it just doesn't want to work. When I turn select okay to turn on joybus settings the emulators do nothing. Then when I go ahead and load up the GB ROM it still does nothing.

Here is a list of things I have already tried:
Downloading the SVM/R 947 version of VBA-M
Downloading a different version of VBA-M with joybus support
Trying to find the latest version of VBA-M with joybus support
Using the default isp option
Using my isp
Using the name of my PC
Allowing both VBA-M and Dolphin through my firewall on both public and private networks
Looking through all the options on both programs to see if anything needs to be adjusted
Googling what options I need to adjust

What am I doing wrong? I looked up and followed the guide on the Dolphin Wiki and everything. Does the current version of Dolphin not support joybus anymore? Was there some kind of feud between the developers of Dolphin and VBA-M? WHAT is going on here?
(07-04-2018, 10:45 AM)HatCoffee Wrote: [ -> ]So I don't know if it's me or my computer or what but here's the problem.

I want to connect VBA-M to Dolphin so I can go to the island in Animal Crossing, but it just doesn't want to work. When I turn select okay to turn on joybus settings the emulators do nothing. Then when I go ahead and load up the GB ROM it still does nothing.

Here is a list of things I have already tried:
Downloading the SVM/R 947 version of VBA-M
Downloading a different version of VBA-M with joybus support
Trying to find the latest version of VBA-M with joybus support
Using the default isp option
Using my isp
Using the name of my PC
Allowing both VBA-M and Dolphin through my firewall on both public and private networks
Looking through all the options on both programs to see if anything needs to be adjusted
Googling what options I need to adjust

What am I doing wrong? I looked up and followed the guide on the Dolphin Wiki and everything. Does the current version of Dolphin not support joybus anymore? Was there some kind of feud between the developers of Dolphin and VBA-M? WHAT is going on here?

Problem is that it is really finicky to get working correctly and it doesn't work for all games. The version of VBA-M I got it to work on TLoZ:4SA, TLoZ:WW and FF:CC on the same computer as Dolphin (this was more than 2yrs ago so 4.0-something devbuild) was: VBA-M 2.0.0 Beta2.

Then make sure to select the Correct controller in Dolphin as well, then load VBA-M, turn on joybus and load the GBA-BIOS. Now start your game in Dolphin, and it "should" connect. If it doesn't work you might need the original DSP files from your Gamecube and turn on LLE for the audio as well.
Just verified that the latest VBA-M still connects to Dolphin... but it likes to throw errors that don't actually seem to mean it's broken.
(07-05-2018, 12:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Just verified that the latest VBA-M still connects to Dolphin... but it likes to throw errors that don't actually seem to mean it's broken.

The latest as in 2.0.1? Because That's the one I started out with and there were no joybus options.
You're using the wrong GUI if the Joybus options are missing iirc.