Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin graphics fail to load, black screen 0FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a laptop that could run steam games and dolphin games at a little higher than lowest settings, but after getting it repaired and replacing the hard drive it can no longer run dolphin. Everytime i load up a game i get 0FPS and stuck on a black screen. i'm thinking it might be a driver issue but after doing some googling i came up with nothing. i need to be able to get a general idea of my laptop's specs and see if something broke or needs updating.

i know this forum ran a scan of my mac the first time i logged in, is there a way to force that process again?
Is this happening on the latest dev build of Dolphin, or 5.0 stable?
What version of macOS are you on? (you can check my clicking on the Apple in the top left and click on About this Mac)
Is this happening to specific games or all games?
If you go to ~/Library/Application Support (yes include the ~ mark in the Finder Go function), do you see a folder named Dolphin? if yes, try renaming it Dolphin-old and see if that helps
(07-04-2018, 01:49 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Is this happening on the latest dev build of Dolphin, or 5.0 stable?
What version of macOS are you on? (you can check my clicking on the Apple in the top left and click on About this Mac)
Is this happening to specific games or all games?
If you go to ~/Library/Application Support (yes include the ~ mark in the Finder Go function), do you see a folder named Dolphin? if yes, try renaming it Dolphin-old and see if that helps

i'm running this on a windows laptop btw, sorry I didn't make that clear.
Well points 1 and 3 still apply, what version of Dolphin are you using and does it affect all games.

If you want a quick and uncomplicated way to check all your specs, download a program called Speccy (its free). Then list your specs here so we can see what you're running (CPU/GPU/Windows version/RAM is usually all we care about).
Then, check to make sure you have Windows up to date.
Next, make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed (along with running the DirectX Web installer to make sure you aren't missing anything from there)
And check to see if you have a folder in Documents labelled "Dolphin Emulator". If so, rename it to "Dolphin Emulator-old" or something and then try running Dolphin again, as it will generate a new clean global directory.
My specs:
CPU: Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.16GHz
Bay Trail-M 22nm Technology
RAM: 4.00GB DDR3 @ 399MHz
windows 10 home 64 bit
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (Toshiba)

PS, the renaming worked, now i'm dealing with massive stuttering, audio stuttering as well.
(07-05-2018, 02:11 PM)SUFFER Wrote: [ -> ]My specs:
CPU: Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.16GHz
Bay Trail-M 22nm Technology
RAM: 4.00GB DDR3 @ 399MHz
windows 10 home 64 bit
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (Toshiba)

PS, the renaming worked, now i'm dealing with massive stuttering, audio stuttering as well.

That´s due to the underpowered CPU and GPU you have.
Though those specs are likely too slow to play the majority of games through dolphin, the original complaint was what may have changed since windows was reinstalled onto a fresh disk.

My bet is different graphics card drivers (make sure you have the latest from intel.com - though annoyingly some laptop vendors ship their own tweaked, often positively ancient version, and block the upstream package from installing for.... Reasons?)

Or the power settings in windows - try setting it to "high performance" to see if that changes anything.
Is there anything i can do about this while i work on getting a new and better GPU? I just want it to be a decent FPS and playable without frustration, i don't want perfect out of this toaster.