Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is the laptop good enough to run dolphin 3.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TokyoDrift21

Hi, I was going to buy a ASUS TUF FX504 gaming laptop and Its specs are:
Intel Core i5-8300H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti, 8gb ram

I wanted to use the gaming laptop running on Dolphin 3.5. will it preform fast enough?
It's good enough to handle virtually any game you can throw in Dolphin. Also, keep in mind that while you're free to use whatever Dolphin version you want, on these forums we only offer support for the latest stable release (currently 5.0) and the latest development builds. That means you're on your own with any issue or problem you might experience on those older/unofficial versions...
(07-02-2018, 05:18 PM)TokyoDrift21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was going to buy a ASUS TUF FX504 gaming laptop and Its specs are:
Intel Core i5-8300H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti, 8gb ram

I wanted to use the gaming laptop running on Dolphin 3.5. will it preform fast enough?

Why do you want to use 3.5? Current dev builds should be better in literally every way on modern hardware like that.

TokyoDrift21

But can the newer dolphin versions run on the specs shown above?

TokyoDrift21

(07-02-2018, 09:47 PM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you want to use 3.5? Current dev builds should be better in literally every way on modern hardware like that.

Because I dont think the Laptop can handle newer dolphin versions
Of course it can. I have a weaker laptop (see my signature) and I can play most games at 2x or 3x IR with latest builds.
(07-03-2018, 12:04 AM)TokyoDrift21 Wrote: [ -> ]Because I dont think the Laptop can handle newer dolphin versions

That's what I'm saying. The newer versions should if anything be better than that ancient release, because they support the new API's like Vulkan and newer features in DirectX and OpenGL that new hardware has.

Also, that's actually a pretty powerful laptop, it can probably play most games and emulators period, especially having that i5-8300H rather than one of the ULV cpu's a lot of laptops have.
(07-03-2018, 12:04 AM)TokyoDrift21 Wrote: [ -> ]Because I dont think the Laptop can handle newer dolphin versions
The newer versions will run better than 3.5. Just download the latest development version, and make sure to enable asynchronous ubershaders. Also Vulkan might speed it up even more.