Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fire Emblem POR save issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GyroZeppeli

Hi, i'm an old user of the emulator but i'm new here.

So recently i've been trying to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, a game i never finished back in the day. But since the last time i tried i've changed up my computer which used to be an old x32 celeron for a newer x64 ryzen.

I've kept the original Dolphin folder (Including the one in the documents with the saves) but whenever i try to play it says the memory card is corrupted and doesn't let me load, i tried using a new memory card and importing the save which didn't work either.

I also tried using both versions of Dolphin(The newer v5 x64 and the older v4 x32 that i used on my previous system) but neither worked. Is there really no way to rescue that save? I will leave both the exported save file and the memory card on the attachments to see if you guys can help me figure out what's going on. Actually it doesn't let me attach those type of files so i will just link them instead. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.filedropper.com/memorycardausa_1

http://www.filedropper.com/gfeefireemblem8j
Hey newer versions of Dolphin construct memory card files differently so you would need to use a hex editor to allow your dolphin memory card to work. So the only fix i can say would be to stay on the latest version of dolphin and make a new memory card file and extract the .gci file of your fire emblem save data
(07-03-2018, 07:32 PM)thisbirch221 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey newer versions of Dolphin construct memory card files differently so you would need to use a hex editor to allow your dolphin memory card to work. So the only fix i can say would be to stay on the latest version of dolphin and make a new memory card file and extract the .gci file of your fire emblem save data

This is simply not true, if you use the in game save function it creates the saves in the exact same way as it does on the GC. Savestates however can change every version and will be incompatible with newer or older versions.

GyroZeppeli

The thing is i did extract the GCI as posted above and it still doesn't work, i didn't use save states or anything like that. I have no idea why it isn't working.

EDIT: Nevermid i got it.
(07-04-2018, 08:02 AM)GyroZeppeli Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is i did extract the GCI as posted above and it still doesn't work, i didn't use save states or anything like that. I have no idea why it isn't working.

EDIT: Nevermid i got it.

What did you do to fix it?