Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having problems with games like Mario Kart Wii and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, they run on 80% speed and usually drop to 40% for no reason and the audio even if the game is on 100% stutters and it sounds like you're turning it on and off every 1/10 of a second. I l'll leave my specs, please reply and tell me if it's a hardware or software issue.

My Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 730 1024MB
CPU: Intel Core i3 3240 3.4GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3
A couple of questions:

1) What are your CPU and GPU temperatures when running Dolphin? What do these temps look like when your speed falls?

2) Does using the latest Dolphin development revision solve this issue? What you describe could be shader cache stuttering, which the newest development builds have options to fix.
(07-01-2018, 02:30 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]1.) When I run dolphin my CPU and GPU temps are usually at 50-53*C and when I play games that don't stutter and slow down. When I start playing games that slow down, my PC temp is at 58*C when the slow down happens which is pretty much the whole time I'm playing that game

2.) I tried playing on the new dev versions now and they didn't show any improvment
Have you tried changing the settings for Ubershaders in the recent dev builds? Try the Asynchronous ones.
(07-01-2018, 05:51 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried changing the settings for Ubershaders in the recent dev builds? Try the Asynchronous ones.

It only makes my games run worse with more stuttering
(07-01-2018, 05:51 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried changing the settings for Ubershaders in the recent dev builds? Try the Asynchronous ones.

Could it be possible that I have bad/broken game files that cause lag and stuttering anyway like old discs on consoles
(07-03-2018, 05:55 AM)swordsman Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be possible that I have bad/broken game files that cause lag and stuttering anyway like old discs on consoles

Could you post your graphics settings and the games you are trying to play?
The GT730 isn't really a powerhouse and may be too slow for these specific games, also the CPU is on the "wrong" side of the Haswell architecture that made Emulation a whole lot faster.

To make sure that your CPU is up to snuff, turn off all enhancements and hacks and run 1x IR. Also make sure you haven't set the Audio/DSP to LLE which eats resources for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
(07-03-2018, 11:09 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Could you post your graphics settings and the games you are trying to play?
The GT730 isn't really a powerhouse and may be too slow for these specific games, also the CPU is on the "wrong" side of the Haswell architecture that made Emulation a whole lot faster.

To make sure that your CPU is up to snuff, turn off all enhancements and hacks and run 1x IR. Also make sure you haven't set the Audio/DSP to LLE which eats resources for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'm trying to run Mario Kart Wii and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and here's a picture of my graphics
Use latest version. Then, disable Bounding Box (it isn´t needed for any of those games). If you don´t mind the faceless Miis in MKWii, you can enable EFB to Texture Only (the other game doesn´t need it).

In the Shader Compilation section, enable "Compile Shaders Before Starting" and Async (Ubershaders).
(07-04-2018, 06:48 AM)swordsman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to run Mario Kart Wii and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and here's a picture of my graphics

0. Make sure your Windows is up to date and then install the latest graphics driver from here: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/3...l-whql.exe

1. Update to the latest development version of Dolphin found on the top of the download page.
2. Set your graphical Back end to D3D
3. Turn on Asynchronous Shaders (Ubershader) and Compile before starting the game.
4. Turn on all the ticks on the Hacks Tab, set XFB to Immediate and Texture cache to Fast (games that need different settings will automatically change them by using the ini file)
5. Turn off Borderless fullscreen on the Advanced Tab

Keep the rest of the settings like they are in your screenshots

If the games then run correctly you're set, if not, your PC is probably too slow to run it anyway.

P.S. You could go into general settings and change the Emulated clockspeed to a lower setting (go down by 5% at a time until it is running 100%) but keep in mind that this setting can break the game in various ways: Hard freezes, softlocks, crashes, graphical glitches, gameplay glitches and the like. This setting is not supported by anyone on the forum and you need to mention that you did this when you need any support with any other issue you might encounter. (Or turn it off first and see if the issue still occurs)
Pages: 1 2