Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 on MacBook Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 Intel core i5 Intel HD Graphics 4000 4gb ram and installed Windows 7 Home Premium with bootcamp. Downloaded Dolphin 5.0 and installed it. Everything ok, the game was perfect (60fps 100% speed) but no audio. The audio actually works, I went to settings and saw that there wasn’t any output audio so clicked on openal and saw in the mixer that dolphin was added to the sounds. Then I tried again but when I open the game it crashes saying “dolphin exe stopped working”. So I tried a older version of dolphin but nothing, then I uninstalled everything and installed dol0hin 5.0 went to properties and chose to run the app as administrator, but nothing. What should I do? Why it doesn’t work?
Thank you!
Install the latest development revision, and try different audio backends.
(06-27-2018, 03:21 AM)Nintonito Wrote: [ -> ]Install the latest development revision, and try different audio backends.

Ok I’ll try and let you know in a few mins. Thank you!
(06-27-2018, 03:21 AM)Nintonito Wrote: [ -> ]Install the latest development revision, and try different audio backends.

Ok, I tried the latest version and set the sound to xaudio2 and it worked but image not, sometimes the screen went black, so I tried another one (cube or something) and it crashes, then I chose another option and crashes too saying “dolphin exe stopped working”. Why?
Thank you!
You may need to install the latest Intel GPU drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=81499
(06-27-2018, 04:13 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You may need to install the latest Intel GPU drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=81499

Fixed! It was a drivers issue, just as you said! Then worked perfectly, I had to change OpenAL to xaudio2 because the audio was laggy but now is great!
Thank you!
Edit: wanted to use wiimotes but my MacBook doesn’t recognize them, at least it did but now nothing. Is there another way to fix this?
Thank you!
See if this connection guide helps: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-...ion-guide/
Thank you!
If I’m not wrong, Windows 7 doesn’t support wiimotes right? I thought there was a way to fix this but maybe I have to change OS, that’s not a great thing, because Windows 7 is actually the best for my pc for gaming.
The old type of official Wii Remotes work fine on Windows 7, but the newer type of official Wii Remotes (-TR) is tricky.
(06-28-2018, 04:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The old type of official Wii Remotes work fine on Windows 7, but the newer type of official Wii Remotes (-TR) is tricky.

I have one old wiimote and one new. The new doesn’t work, the older gets recognized by bluetooth but not by Dolphin. Why? I set everything right, “real wiimote” and refresh on controllers menu.
I’d also wanted to know if there’s difference between Windows 7 and 8 in gaming, because I tried Windows 10 and didn’t worked properly.
Thank you!