Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I found out why Mario Sunshine crashes on Vulkan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it had to do with shader compilation issues and it turned out that it was and how i found this out was by playing through a few stars on DX11 then quitting out and going to Vulkan and the game worked! but when i cleared my shader cache the crash would occur 100% of the time. Is this a driver issue?
Quote:Is this a driver issue?

I'd be inclined to say so. If it is a Dolphin issue, you could find out by doing a bisect and figure out which version introduced the problem. I'm still willing to bet it's your drivers at issue. Obviously try the latest ones available to see if the situation changes.
(06-25-2018, 04:44 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be inclined to say so. If it is a Dolphin issue, you could find out by doing a bisect and figure out which version introduced the problem. I'm still willing to bet it's your drivers at issue. Obviously try the latest ones available to see if the situation changes.

Currently i am using 5.0-8223 which is the latest i think but what i am wondering is why is this happening now? It didn't happen on old drivers and when i roll back to them the issues still occur. I know for sure that mario Sunshine worked on 18.5.1 which is amd drivers but when i go back to those drivers the same issue still occurs. It's most likely a driver issue i won't deny that but it only happens with mario sunshine. 
As Shonumi stated, you can also try bisecting dolphin & try to figure out which version introduced this problem (assuming Dolphin is the culprit & not your graphic drivers)
(06-26-2018, 03:32 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]As Shonumi stated, you can also try bisecting dolphin & try to figure out which version introduced this problem (assuming Dolphin is the culprit & not your graphic drivers)

Yeah i've come to the conclusion that it is my driver because versions of dolphin from 2 months ago has the issue and that never happened before.