Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Reset paths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today i messed up really bad. I had a set path for my games and instead of keeping the paths seperate, i created one that linked to all of them, and EVERYTHING else. Now my dolphin wont load at all, and i need a way to reset the paths without removing my save data.
I am using macOS
If you go to Documents->Dolphin Emulator->Config and delete Dolphin.ini, it'll delete all of your settings. But there's no need to delete them, you can just change the path in there without opening Dolphin.
(06-23-2018, 06:09 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to Documents->Dolphin Emulator->Config and delete Dolphin.ini, it'll delete all of your settings. But there's no need to delete them, you can just change the path in there without opening Dolphin.

am i missing something? i dont see a paths folder. what is the directory path for locating it via a mac?
edit: i have it installed to desktop, when i right click and view it's contents i get a contents file, and in that file is a _codesigniture file, info.plist file, frameworks file, MacOS file, and a Resources file. i'm almost positive after sifting through these files i'm not seeing the right stuff.
Oh, I don't know where the directories are on a Mac unfortunately. Can anyone who uses a Mac help here?
Think it's in ~/Library/Application Support/dolphin-emu or something.

But the file name should be the same
(06-25-2018, 03:33 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Think it's in ~/Library/Application Support/dolphin-emu or something.

But the file name should be the same

nope. i have it installed to desktop so idk. i don't see a dolphin file in app support file.
That's a hidden path, fyi. You need to use the Go command in Finder to reach it if you don't have hidden files turned on
(06-26-2018, 04:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]That's a hidden path, fyi. You need to use the Go command in Finder to reach it if you don't have hidden files turned on

i used command shift G and it couldnt fine a dolphin-emu file. SS attached.
[attachment=17202]
also sorry for the delayed replies kept forgetting to sub to this thread.
Still have yet to figure this out. Any advice or help is appreciated,
I just checked on my computer, it should be ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin

You're in the correct folder, but I don't know why it isn't showing up..... If you right-click and choose Clean-Up by name, does it show up? Cause it looks like you're missing a couple other things as well
Pages: 1 2